OB Puppy based on Slacko 5.6.5.6

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Deacon

Touchpad issue

#16 Post by Deacon »

Hello, love OBSlacko. Downloaded it last night and full-installed to replace my system after a frugal of another version crushed, and it works great!

Not sure if this is an issue with Slacko 5.6.5.6 or a new conflict (I don't have that version) but I notice that when I try to save touchpad settings they are lost after I reboot. Not a big deal,but kind of annoying. Where is the file were I would change the settings?

Again, thanks! Love this version-- straightforward, clean & fast!

vicmz

Re: Touchpad issue

#17 Post by vicmz »

Deacon wrote: Not sure if this is an issue with Slacko 5.6.5.6 or a new conflict (I don't have that version) but I notice that when I try to save touchpad settings they are lost after I reboot. Not a big deal,but kind of annoying. Where is the file were I would change the settings?
Hello Deacon, I wish I could help but I don't have a laptop. Have you tried the original Slacko? Can it save your touchpad settings?

You said it's a full install, I had similar annoying issues running full, for example not getting my language settings saved. This doesn't happen when I go frugal, so you may want to try frugal again and see if your touchpad settings are saved.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

Deacon

Re: Touchpad issue

#18 Post by Deacon »

vicmz wrote:
Deacon wrote: Not sure if this is an issue with Slacko 5.6.5.6 or a new conflict (I don't have that version) but I notice that when I try to save touchpad settings they are lost after I reboot. Not a big deal,but kind of annoying. Where is the file were I would change the settings?
Hello Deacon, I wish I could help but I don't have a laptop. Have you tried the original Slacko? Can it save your touchpad settings?

You said it's a full install, I had similar annoying issues running full, for example not getting my language settings saved. This doesn't happen when I go frugal, so you may want to try frugal again and see if your touchpad settings are saved.
I did try the first Beta for 5.6 and the touchpad settings I think saved. That may have changed since. Frugal does save settings better, but I encrypted my frugal on my last system install and when the .xinitrc file corrupted I was basically doomed. So I'really prefer full, which has always worked for me.

My guess is that if I find the file with the touchpad settings the GUI modifies I can replace it with my settings, and presumably lock it, so it will have to keep them. Just a little extra homework, methinks.

Again, going on day 2, and it's running flawlessly. Fastest loading Slacko yet and the wireless internet connection is fantastic.