Rope

#76 Post by Rope »

never tried it
Puppy Slacko 5.7 frugal
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ : 2109.87MHz
Total Memory : 967356 kB

Semme

#77 Post by Semme »

Granted I haven't worked out the details, but, I've got a functioning v30 SFS you can try if you're interested.

It creates two menu entries and has your typical, annoying startup message --Gee, thanks Big Brother. :roll:

I loathe ANYTHING having to do with those idiots!

If you'd like to have a crack @ it, say so..

Hell, you may be better off with the browser in my second screenshot.
Attachments
dreadful_coding.jpg
(22.26 KiB) Downloaded 1313 times
op-dev_maybe.jpg
(26.09 KiB) Downloaded 1322 times
Last edited by Semme on Sat 08 Aug 2015, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Rope

#78 Post by Rope »

Thanks semme . I don't understand. The sfs you created is to install as portable?

I already have a v34 sfs that creates some entries in the .config when I load it but most is in home because I use the "Chromium all in home" script.
Puppy Slacko 5.7 frugal

Semme

#79 Post by Semme »

You go from "never tried it" to "having v34?" What am I missing? We're talking about Slacko, correct?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Rope

#80 Post by Rope »

Semme wrote:You go from "never tried it" to "having v34?" What am I missing? We're talking about Slacko, correct?
You asked me about Chrome, I never tried Chrome, I use Chromium 34 as sfs. Chromium 38 does not work.
Puppy Slacko 5.7 frugal

Semme

#81 Post by Semme »

Chrome, Chromium.. Same thing to me.

You use Google services with Chromium, right? Yeah, where's the privacy? That's right, there is none.

Considering current builds require the latest and greatest C-libs, thirty-four is probably the limit for Slacko.

Ya know, as far as current program availability's concerned, Pup's NOT a cutting edge distro.

You wanna do that? You'd better be a *very* experienced Unix user.

Rope

#82 Post by Rope »

I booted Slacko 6 beta and could install Google Chrome portable but when trying to run it I get this error log:
/mnt/home/google-chrome-portable/google-chrome-portable
/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R7/lib:/root/my-applications/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/seamonkey:/usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11:/mnt/home/google-chrome-portable/lib
'/mnt/home/google-chrome-portable/google-chrome-0.7.sfs' is mounted on '/mnt/+mnt+home+google-chrome-portable+google-chrome-0.7.sfs'.
'/mnt/home/google-chrome-portable/google-chrome-config.3fs' is mounted on '/mnt/+mnt+home+google-chrome-portable+google-chrome-config.3fs'.
HOME=/mnt/+mnt+home+google-chrome-portable+google-chrome-config.3fs /mnt/+mnt+home+google-chrome-portable+google-chrome-0.7.sfs/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --user-data-dir=/mnt/+mnt+home+google-chrome-portable+google-chrome-config.3fs/google-chrome-config --disk-cache-dir=/mnt/home/google-chrome-portable/Cache --disk-cache-size=104857600 --madia-cache-size=104857600 file:///usr/share/doc/home.htm
1:'/mnt/+mnt+home+google-chrome-portable+google-chrome-0.7.sfs' unmounted.
'/mnt/+mnt+home+google-chrome-portable+google-chrome-config.3fs' unmounted.
Puppy Slacko 5.7 frugal

Semme

#83 Post by Semme »

Then perhaps, as I've been doing, you should resort to a more actively developed and maintained distro.

gcmartin

#84 Post by gcmartin »

Try this from an earlier post.

Hope this and other earlier posts help.

Rope

#85 Post by Rope »

gcmartin wrote:Try this from an earlier post.

Hope this and other earlier posts help.
Thanks. I already did that except that seamonkey-solibs-2.26.1 is not available and I installed 2.33
Puppy Slacko 5.7 frugal

latentelegy

#86 Post by latentelegy »

Could someone help me out? I just installed Puppy Linux on a netbook, and until this point I'd been Windows-only, so I'm going in completely blind. I followed the steps to install Chrome, which seemed to work. I didn't get any error messages and it installed normally as far as I could tell. But it doesn't work. I can click on the icon all day, and nothing ever loads.

(Vaguely related: I'd love it if anyone can tell me why tumblr doesn't let you make new posts in the firefox build that comes with Slacko Puppy 5.7.0.)

hanzf

#87 Post by hanzf »

Hello latentelegy,
latentelegy wrote:Could someone help me out? I just installed Puppy Linux on a netbook, and until this point I'd been Windows-only, so I'm going in completely blind. I followed the steps to install Chrome, which seemed to work. I didn't get any error messages and it installed normally as far as I could tell. But it doesn't work. I can click on the icon all day, and nothing ever loads.

(Vaguely related: I'd love it if anyone can tell me why tumblr doesn't let you make new posts in the firefox build that comes with Slacko Puppy 5.7.0.)
in Puppy Linux, most error messages only appear in a terminal window. Open a terminal window, type:

Code: Select all

chrome
press ENTER and report back what happens.
Precise 5.7.1 frugal with .2fs
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
1000 MB RAM

Terry H

#88 Post by Terry H »

Just installed Google Chrome portable and Netflix works OOTB, no other updates required. All working well.

So, just posting to thank Shinobar for the excellent work done in producing the portable browsers.

TTW

Portable Chrome

#89 Post by TTW »

Hi
Just tried to set up Chrome portableusing the latest .deb stable file from the Chrome website.

When installing I get the following error:

Google Chrome Installer 0.7: fatal ERROR

Faled to extract
'/mnt/home/PortableChrome/google-chrome-portable-0.7/Downloads/google-chrome-stable_current_i386(1).deb'.

Any ideas gratefully recieved

TTW

mikeslr

Warning OFF-TOPIC: Request for Portable slimjet

#90 Post by mikeslr »

Hi shinobar & the Japanese Team:

Love your work. Much prefer running my apps as portables than either loaded SFSes or installed pets. Wish I had your skill or could get my head around how you built google-chrome. But as I don't and can't, this is a request for someone to build a portable-slimjet.

Slimjet seems to be a lighter-on-resources browser based on Google's blink engine. Its discussed on this thread, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 197#819197 where OscarTalks also provided a link to the pet and SFS he created, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 898#871898.

I was quickly able to use components from the tar.xz downloaded from slimjet's site and OscarTalks' SFS to assemble either a 64Bit SFS or pet. http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 199#878199

I know enough about BASH to realize that the steps I took manually could be automated in a script. I might be able to do that myself. But what I much prefer and I think many Pup fans would much prefer would be a portable. As I said, that's beyond me.

Any takers?

mikesLr

gcmartin

#91 Post by gcmartin »

Right click on the Chrome portable icon for Update: Update is not working! Chrome will not update using this feature. My portable utility is version 0.7

Rope

#92 Post by Rope »

Puppy Slacko 5.7 frugal

Semme

#93 Post by Semme »

:shock: You're going to have to fend for yourself now. How ever are you going to manage? :?

shinobar

File server restarted

#94 Post by shinobar »

The file server is restarted at 2016-09-24 7:50 GMT.
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/

Sorry for your inconvenience.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

slavvo67

#95 Post by slavvo67 »

Shinobar:

Welcome back and THANK YOU!!!

Slavvo67