NEW Puppy remaster, triple tested iso, working great!

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
stemsee

NEW Puppy remaster, triple tested iso, working great!

#1 Post by stemsee »

This is re-uploaded and checked to be working. Puppy-Linux-EmSee571.iso

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZV ... sp=sharing

3GB, includes a savefile which must be copied into frugal install foldr. At first shutdown do not create a savefile.... next boot increase the size of this personal storage file if need be.

Also on first boot if it stops just press enter.

musher0

Re: NEW Puppy remaster, triple tested iso, working great!

#2 Post by musher0 »

stemsee wrote:This is re-uploaded and checked to be working. Puppy-Linux-EmSee571.iso

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZV ... sp=sharing

3GB, includes a savefile which must be copied into frugal install foldr. At first shutdown do not create a savefile.... next boot increase the size of this personal storage file if need be.

Also on first boot if it stops just press enter.
Hello, stemsee.

2-3 things.

Sounds interesting, and you probably spent countless hours putting this together.

That said, can I respectfully ask:

could you kindly post the list of programs your pup emsee contains, with perhaps
mention of what's been removed and what's been added, compared with the
plain-vanilla PuppyPrecise 5.7.1?

You say:
> includes a savefile which must be copied into frugal install folder.

How large the pupsave, please?
You say "copied". Do you know that an empty pupsave of 960 Mb, for example, can
be zipped and then "tar-gized" to +/- 3.2 Kb? Is that why the iso is 2.7 Gb ?

It will take me over one hour and a half to download your pup, so I'd appreciate
to have a more info about it before I do.

In co-operation. Best regards.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

stemsee

Musher0

#3 Post by stemsee »

Hi musher0 thanks for your query.
The savefile is 128mb - I know bigger than most puppy distros.
Explanation
I have a laptop with 500gb hdd and 8gb ram.
My favourite distro is Artistx, ubuntu based creative distro with absolutely everything @ 4GB ... but it isn't as easy to use as puppy, neither does it boot to ram in the right way ... currently it would need 24gb+ ram!!! So I decided to build my own distro based upon puppy 5.7.1 ... it retains all the original progs and scripts, plus a few of my own and several edits, and configuration changes. I have compiled so many dependencies and programs which I didn't maintain a list for. This version linked here is a beta version in which the savefile creation script gets interrupted at line 343 because it cannot stat something ... anyway, the beta works great as a live DVD. If you know a little about puppy then you will be able to perform a frugal or full install without much hastle. As for listing the programs, just download it and try it!! I already did enough work on it.

However I have just completed fixing all known issues and a new image is ready called Puppy-Linux-EmSee-1st-Edition. It has a dark theme which is black-blue-grey-green mostly and is easy on the eyes and the battery! I wish to distribute it on sandisk cruzer extreme usb 3.0 sticks (190mb/s transfer speed). The distro doesn't come with a savefile, it now creates one correctly. The extra ramdisk device is automatically created and maintained in the installation directory or /mnt/home/EmSee directory! The ramdisk creation scripts are my own programs and i retain copyright. I will make them availale as an .pet .sfs .deb at some time.

Puppy-Linux-EmSee-1st-Edition - Is working excellently and doesn't get any of the issues I typically encounter on such distros as AV Linux, ArtistX, Ubuntu Studio, Studio 1337, Puredyne, 64Studio ...etc ...etc Having used all of those I can say this distro tops all of them for several reasons.

This edition has latest Steam2, Minecraft, VirtualBox, Python, Chromium, Seamonkey, Unetbootin, Audio applications, LibreOffice, KDEnlive, - can't list it all there's just too much - but it is not overwhelming compared with distro Artistx which was my inspiration.

My contact is emsee144@gmail.com if you wish to invest in a superfast distro on a superfast usb thumb drive!

stemsee
[/img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZV ... sp=sharing