I forgot password and lost notice where I wrote pass

Booting, installing, newbie
georg1

I forgot password and lost notice where I wrote pass

#1 Post by georg1 »

Hi. Im lost my personal certificat password, I got installed in my laptop, and work, but if I export that certificate I think I must know original password again If I want use that @certificat again. So because this certificat is valid to allmost whole 2014 year I hate pay again for new one, and find one tool who can easy find pass on that file, that tool is here is crack pkcs12 , but I dont have idea how to install and start this tool, so need little help here.

maybe someone may make pet installer ?

Thank you.

L18L

Re: I forgot password and lost notice where I wrote pass

#2 Post by L18L »

georg1 wrote:...maybe someone may make pet installer ?
Sorry, no pet.
It is an application for console.

Install
Save attached file to /root/my-applications/bin/crackpkcs12 (without .gz)

Start
Type or copy this

Code: Select all

crackpkcs12
to any console and press ENTER key
or
open a console and type

Code: Select all

cra
then press TAB key twice and ENTER key once

Hope it helps

Regards to Slovenia :D
Attachments
crackpkcs12.gz
(39.7 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

georg1

#3 Post by georg1 »

THx will try now this.

regards from Slovenia :) and HNY

georg1

#4 Post by georg1 »

just one thing, I must have my certificat file in same directory like this program ?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

Is this a Windows thing or what?

georg1

#6 Post by georg1 »

This is personal ID certificat (work every where, no matter of OS), for all kind use, for apply for new ID, passport, or what ever, or for banking (but I not use this this for access to my bank acc. I got diferent USB key for that)

I got luck, I export my previously installed certificate and I make new pass for that, than go to other comp and success install on firefox with new key.

and is valid to 23.5.14

and really Thank you for tips.

Burn_IT

#7 Post by Burn_IT »

I didn't follow the conversation either!!
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

Fossil

#8 Post by Fossil »

Sorry, I couldn't understand the gist either. Is this personal ID certificat thing specific to certain parts of Europe? How is it used - in the broadest sense? I've never heard of such a thing. I'm sure many would also like to understand. Thanks

georg1

#9 Post by georg1 »

Hi. This certificate is like your online ID card, with this cert. I can go to our .gov sites and apply for renew my expired ID card or apply for some other documents or certificates, like born list, all kind of stuf (but not all proces is just On-line, sometime physical presence is necessary, depend what you want)

But I can even got to tax department and see if all OK. and send them my year tax report and so one.

and that certificat I can use (if I want) to access to my bank account

But usual bank here give you a choice to select which certificate you will use for .net bank, you can use I think 3 diferent, two of them is not free and one Is free if you are slovenian citizen.

Is not expencive I think app 30-40 euros, but I hate stay in line in city halle and wait allmost 10 days to get new certificat.

edit: and that certificat is not MUST have, is personal decision, if you want you got, if not no problem, is not anyone must have one, thing.

Fossil

#10 Post by Fossil »

Thank you for clearing that up. Here, in the UK, we don't have to carry personal Identity Cards.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#11 Post by Flash »

If I understand, the personal certificate is some kind of way to prove that you are who you claim to be. Odd that its password can so easily be cracked.

georg1

#12 Post by georg1 »

@Fossil

Even here I not need ID card all the time, but if I drive car and if they stop me because some reason, I must have some kind of ID, driver license or ID card etc.

But like I say, this electronic certificate or sigature is not necessary, this is usable only for acces to my e-gov account, like e-tax and so one.

@Flash

I dont know if is easy to crack, because Im lucky guy and not need crack this, just export old one with new password.

And yes, you got right to be concerned, because allmost all this e-signatures is encrypted in same way, I hope Im wrong ?

L18L

#13 Post by L18L »

Interesting discussion.

Now I remember when I got new ID card (here in Germany you need one, not just driver license) there was the option to use that electronic certificate. I have been opting out....

As for cacking passwords
the best thing you can do is change password often oftener or oftenest (there are use-password-once-only-systems I think)

georg1

#14 Post by georg1 »

Yes like that, with one diference, if I install that signature on firefox that become part of browser, and for IE (i think) win 7 become part of whole Operating system, which is not OK on my opinion.

But Firefox has option to install signature and when web site ask for that signature, you must type general password each time, and this password is not same like when install signature.

In Slovenia all persons up from 18 year's age, must have ID or driver licence 400 meters from home.