Geany 1.25.pet compiled in Precise 5.7.1

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
corvus

Geany 1.25.pet compiled in Precise 5.7.1

#1 Post by corvus »

Hi All, I have compiled Geany 1.25 on Precise 5.7.1 retrò.
I tested it partially (I only used as a text editor) on Precise 5.7.1 retrò and 6.0.2 Tahr nopae, it seems to work well.
If anyone would like to try it, tips on how to improve the pet package and feedbacks are welcome. :D

Link to download: Geany 1.25

Additional Information:
Geany-1.25-i686 (2.05 MB) md5: 8d84ac0b18d416aa9ff4805d9f063e6e
Geany_DEV-1.25-i686 (95.8 KB) md5: 4b4a8fec38b1b65f017cc7e5d8850955
Geany_DOC-1.25-i686 (1.2 MB) md5: a4abb27fc4bf6afe3e3d674ea41c17f2
Geany_NLS-1.25-i686 (1.4 MB) md5: 9a7b27f1087d7d102ebef0f5aeb6f2b1
Geany-plugins-1.25-i686 (2.4 MB) md5: 89ceb5284d9363b3f0c37b73e1aa82ef

Greetings! :)

corvus
Last edited by corvus on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 09:37, edited 2 times in total.
[b]We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.[/b]

Puppus Dogfellow

#2 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

thanks, corvus!

mirrored

corvus

#3 Post by corvus »

Thanks Puppus Dogfellow for mirroring and for improving the title of this topic, unfortunately I do not have much experience yet. :oops:

Regards. :D

corvus
[b]We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.[/b]

Puppus Dogfellow

#4 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

corvus wrote:Thanks Puppus Dogfellow for mirroring and for improving the title of this topic, unfortunately I do not have much experience yet. :oops:

Regards. :D

corvus
i had nothing to do with the editing of your title, corvus.
:)

which plugins are included? does this replace the existing geany or install beside it? does it keep your preferences and settings?

thanks.

corvus

#5 Post by corvus »

Hi Puppus Dogfellow,
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:i had nothing to do with the editing of your title, corvus. :)
Sorry I thought it was you. :oops:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:which plugins are included?
Here is a list of plugins:
Addons; Autoclose; Automark; Codenav; Commander; Defineformat; Geanyctags; Geanydoc; Geanyextrasel; Geanyinserthum; Geanylatex; Geanylipsum; Geanymacro; Geanyminiscript; Geanynumberedbookmarks; Geanyprj; Geanysendmail; Geanyvc; Geniuspaste; Overview; Pairtaghighlighter; Pohelper; Pretty-printer; Projectorganizer; Shiftcollum; Spellcheck; Tableconvert; Treebrowser; Updatechecker; Xmlsnippets.
Plus those already present by default.
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:does this replace the existing geany or install beside it?
I think it install beside because if you uninstall this version you can still use the previous version.
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:does it keep your preferences and settings?
Yes it keep your preferences and settings.

Greetings. :)

corvus

Puppus Dogfellow

#6 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

corvus wrote:Hi Puppus Dogfellow,
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:i had nothing to do with the editing of your title, corvus. :)
Sorry I thought it was you. :oops:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:which plugins are included?
Here is a list of plugins:
Addons; Autoclose; Automark; Codenav; Commander; Defineformat; Geanyctags; Geanydoc; Geanyextrasel; Geanyinserthum; Geanylatex; Geanylipsum; Geanymacro; Geanyminiscript; Geanynumberedbookmarks; Geanyprj; Geanysendmail; Geanyvc; Geniuspaste; Overview; Pairtaghighlighter; Pohelper; Pretty-printer; Projectorganizer; Shiftcollum; Spellcheck; Tableconvert; Treebrowser; Updatechecker; Xmlsnippets.
Plus those already present by default.

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:does this replace the existing geany or install beside it?
I think it install beside because if you uninstall this version you can still use the previous version.
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:does it keep your preferences and settings?
Yes it keep your preferences and settings.

Greetings. :)

corvus
very nice. thanks again.

:D

greengeek

#7 Post by greengeek »

Hi corvus - thanks for the geany pet and plugins. I just tested it on a Slacko 5.6 derivative and it did the job nicely. The only issue I had was that it installed geany in the utility menu instead of the document menu. Not sure if it does the same in other Puppies...

corvus

#8 Post by corvus »

Hi greengeek, sorry for the delay,
greengeek wrote:The only issue I had was that it installed geany in the utility menu instead of the document menu. Not sure if it does the same in other Puppies...
I have the same problem, I have tried to change the desktop files in /usr/share/applications unfortunately without result.
I'm happy that you enjoyed it. :D Thanks for the feedback. :) :)

corvus

greengeek

#9 Post by greengeek »

Hi corvus - I had a closer look at your pet and found out how to get the geany menu entry back into the document category. I did the following:

1) Removed the directory /usr/share/applications.in
(It contains a second copy of the geany.desktop file which seems incompatible with Puppy's needs - but I could be wrong about that. Anyway it works fine with that directory removed)

2) Opened /usr/share/appliactions/geany.desktop as text and changed line 136 from:

Code: Select all

Categories=GTK;Development;IDE;
to:

Categories=TextEditor;
I'm no expert at making pets but this worked for me if anyone wants to try it.
cheers!

musher0

#10 Post by musher0 »

Many thanks, corvus.

Will be testing this as soon as I have a minute.
Especially that you are offering a pet of the plug-ins as well. :)

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

LazY Puppy

#11 Post by LazY Puppy »

1) Removed the directory /usr/share/applications.in
(It contains a second copy of the geany.desktop file which seems incompatible with Puppy's needs - but I could be wrong about that. Anyway it works fine with that directory removed)
Directory /usr/share/applications.in is part of language packages. Probably it will replace the original when installing a .pet package or when executing a fixmenus. It depends on what language package one has installed since they all built by different langpack developers.

If I remember correctly the German language package doesn't replace the complete file but only missing [LangHere] entries of the .desktop file.

Though, it is definitely part of the pinstall file of the DE langpack.

if [ -d usr/share/applications.in ];then #refer: /usr/sbin/momanager
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

corvus

#12 Post by corvus »

@greengeek,
I can assure you that you know more than me, unfortunately since I compiled geany-1.25-i686 I changed my computer and I passed to T64_Light-k_4.1.3 EmSee_x86-64 an Italian version derived from 666philb's Tahrpup64.Nevertheless I made the changes you suggested and I installed it but will not start due to the following error:

geany: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64.
but this time the icon is in the Document menu and not in Utilities, since the problem is that I think you've solved, thank's for the contribution.

@musher0,
I ask you, when you want to try it, to make the changes suggested by greengeek and tell me if it works for you too, so I can proceed with the upload of the modified version.

@LazY Puppy,
You're right, I installed Xanad's Italian language pack. What do you advise me to do with the "applications.in" folder ?

Thanks a lot. Regards.

corvus

LazY Puppy

#13 Post by LazY Puppy »

corvus wrote:@LazY Puppy,
You're right, I installed Xanad's Italian language pack. What do you advise me to do with the "applications.in" folder ?
I can't say this.
Comments and commented out removing of applications.in wrote: #rm -r -f usr/share/applications.in
#...don't remove it. might be useful for ppm when install future packages.
#...120926 yes, applications.in now handled in /usr/local/petget/installpkgs.sh.
Taken from pinstall.sh of langpack_de-20150419.
Another one (a few lines below):
line NOT commented out wrote:rm -r -f usr/share/desktop-directories.in
As I do understand the first quote above, applications.in is not removed by pinstall.sh script, so the package manager will overwrite any .desktop file on installation. Keeping the directory will make some code in /usr/local/petget/installpkgs.sh able to reset the .desktop file to the translated version.

So just decide of you want to keep the translated version of a .desktop file or if you don't. Probably removing just such single files from applications.in will do the job as well...

You could also just keep the directory plus all .desktop files and only editing entry Categories in the related .desktop file to change its menu category. I assume it will never ever change again then (after a new installation).
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

greengeek

#14 Post by greengeek »

Thanks for the clarification RSH.
corvus - I guess the best thing to do then is just make the same change to both desktop files - the one in /usr/share/applications and also the one in /usr/share/applications.in

corvus

#15 Post by corvus »

Thanks Lazy Puppy for the explanation, according to it and to the suggestions of greengeek I decided to modify the geany-1.25-i686.pet file, changed the line 136 of both desktop files and renamed it geany.desktop (what makes the pinstall.sh file, I had created, obsolete and I deleted it).
Replaced downloadable file from the first post.
Thanks for your time and effort. :D

corvus

greengeek

#16 Post by greengeek »

Excellent - works nicely. Cheers!

corvus

#17 Post by corvus »

greengeek wrote:Excellent - works nicely. Cheers!
Thanks greengeek! :)