gphotofs to make camera appear as memory stick

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
mikeb

#16 Post by mikeb »

gphotofs was introduced around puppy 4 time.... it has always autodetected the camera type as far as I remember.

At the time gtkam was used as a very unstable gui for it.....so the change has been with the gui not gtphotofs...that has simply been updated over time.
But, if you want to use an ancient version of Puppy that lacks so many good features, and you want to reinvent the wheel, that is your choice.
He might do a better job of it...who knows...others have.....and many would argue with the quality and longevity of Lucid which is still being supported by dedicated people. Don't think there is any need to be rude when someone is being enthusiastic really....

mike

Moose On The Loose

#17 Post by Moose On The Loose »

Flash wrote:FWIW, I repair digital cameras for a living and I never connect a camera to a computer to read the memory card. It's too much trouble to have to install and configure the proprietary software for every different make and model of camera, and keep everything updated for new cameras and firmware upgrades, etc.. Of course, I'm only testing cameras when I take pictures, so I always take jpeg pictures, which any computer can open and display. Then all I have to do is remove the memory card from the camera and plug it into a universal card reader that I always leave connected to the computer.
Many years back, I ran SuSE and did the download from my camera all the time. I since have bought a card reader. However not all digital cameras have removable memory cards. The ones worth repairing instead of buying a new one all do but some very cheap ones don't.

On SuSE, the camera interface was one RPM and it did a great many camera models. Setup took basically no time at all.

slavvo67

Tablets?

#18 Post by slavvo67 »

It would be nice if there was an application that did the same when connecting a tablets. Specific for me would be the Kindle Fire HD. Is there anything in the puppy world for this?