Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 30 Aug 2014, 16:20
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
FlatStudioGray JWM Theme
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
busprof

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec 2013, 19:41    Post_subject:  FlatStudioGray JWM Theme
Sub_title: A jwm theme to accompany the FlatStudio GTK2 theme

For those of you that like a "minimalist" desktop appearance, I have created a jwm theme to accompany the FlatStudio GTK theme available HERE. You will need to download and install the FlatStudio GTK2 theme. The FlatStudio GTK+ tar.gz contains GTK2, GTK3, Metacity and Unity themes. All you really need is the GTK2 version, so after downloading, unarchive and save the GTK2 folder into /usr/share/themes/FlatStudioGray (you will have to create a FlatStudioGray folder in the themes directory - sorry for pointing out the obvious).

You will also need the gtk2-engines-murrine package, which should be available through the Puppy Package Manager whether you are using Precise Puppy 5.7.1 (as I am) or one of the Slackware variants (as I have) Wink This *may* be installed already - you can check by searching for "murrine" in PPM. If it's there, you'll see it with a green check-mark beside the package name.

I'm using a wallpaper called Velvet Noise, available HERE. The one I'm using is "velvet-noise-black.jpg." There are three or four others in the set (a blue one, a multicolored one, etc.). These go in /usr/share/backgrounds/ once you've unarchived the .zip.

I have a screenshot and a pet file below. This is my first go at creating a pet, so I'd be interested to hear whether it works for you (it does for me, but YMMV).

Here's how it looks on my machine-

Thanks
flatstudiogray-1.pet
Description  The Flatstudiogray jwm theme.
pet

Download 
Filename  flatstudiogray-1.pet 
Filesize  3.67 KB 
Downloaded  152 Time(s) 
musher0

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec 2013, 19:49    Post_subject:  

Hello, busprof.

hehe. Use when you get nostalgic about aewm... Wink Or when you want to confuse jwm
about its identity!

Still, thanks. I like "spartan" some times. And it's nicely done.

musher0

busprof

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:10    Post_subject:  

musher0 wrote:

Still, thanks. I like "spartan" some times. And it's nicely done.
musher0

Thanks, musher0 - I have to admit I prefer the "spartan" look most of the time...although....
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum