Does someone know where dma_mapping.h files are located?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
PappyPuppy

Does someone know where dma_mapping.h files are located?

#1 Post by PappyPuppy »

decompress to get at them.

I have a nice installation of gcc-full but I did not install any of the additional src stuff - eg. dma_mapping.h, mm.h (those kinds of files).

I will research this and keep unzipping packages - I guess they could eventually go under the /lib/modules/build or lib/modules/kernel - or something along those lines.

I have a prescription for how to build my tape driver - I just can't find the header files. I have the source files and many of the header files - I just don't have the Linux-specific ones, or perhaps I do, but I could not find them with Pfind. I had troubles with my Pfind so I don't want to use it right now.
Thanks.

PappyPuppy

I found those files

#2 Post by PappyPuppy »

So I am making progress finding the headers! I can simply copy over to my lib/modules from my temporary search directories.

Better - just put them anywhere and make sure gcc can find them.

PappyPuppy

Little bit of a problem with types.h leaving me with undefin

#3 Post by PappyPuppy »

II also looked to see if they are in the <asm or <asm-generic but I don't see much there either.

This will take some hunting down.

PappyPuppy

My project is not very large

#4 Post by PappyPuppy »

And simply compile with gcc. Some of the problems seem common among the programming world - ie. the empty <uapi/linux/types.h>'s. I don't think it has anything to do with the make but I'm not sure yet. Could it have something to do with KBuild? Is there some flag?
Some of it is in posix_types.h
Last edited by PappyPuppy on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Enceladus

#5 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

29 results for dma-mapping.h and 6 for mm.h when I looked in kernel_sources-4.4.72-puduan.sfs ?

PappyPuppy

I am using 4.4.35 right now for some reason

#6 Post by PappyPuppy »

Anyway, I will check the later ones too.

The problem I have is this is the first time I've needed to worry about a compile on Fatdog. Nearly all the others simply worked easily with gcc or I simply used configure, make, install and they worked.

Whatever it is, it will be found out sooner or later. I have been looking with a fine-toothed comb at each include file and there are little problems here and there. They can be ironed out but I hope I can do it in a couple of days either by myself or with help.

PappyPuppy

I am using 4.4.35 right now for some reason

#7 Post by PappyPuppy »

Anyway, I will check the later ones too.

The problem I have is this is the first time I've needed to worry about a compile on Fatdog. Nearly all the others simply worked easily with gcc or I simply used configure, make, install and they worked.

Whatever it is, it will be found out sooner or later. I have been looking with a fine-toothed comb at each include file and there are little problems here and there. They can be ironed out but I hope I can do it in a couple of days either by myself or with help.

For __u32, if I have to, I'll just add my own define as unsigned int or whatever it is.

step

#8 Post by step »

You might need to load the kernel source SFS that matches your kernel version before compiling. For Fatdog look for kernel-source-... files here http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/sfs/710/.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Fatdog64-810[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/hqZtiB]+Packages[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/6dbEzT]Kodi[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/JQC4Vz]gtkmenuplus[/url]

PappyPuppy

I might have done that

#9 Post by PappyPuppy »

I keep wondering why I chose 4.4.35. :lol:

Sailor Enceladus

Re: I might have done that

#10 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

PappyPuppy wrote:I keep wondering why I chose 4.4.35. :lol:
The 4.4 branch is moving fast. The version number seems to increase +1 around twice a week

PappyPuppy

I need to take a brief detour and install RedHat

#11 Post by PappyPuppy »

I need to run a device for which RedHat support is given right away. I can port the code over to Fatdog after that. So I will be a week downloading the 4.0GB of RedHat. I could go with the 400MB, but I'm worried that something will be missing. Perhaps I'll start with the 400MB version - it will proably have everything I need. It's hard to download a 4GB file where I am. So it's final - I'll download a small footprint of RedHat. The problem I have is I don't have time to analyze my projects ahead of time. I just have to dive in and get it done.

After I test the device, I'll get back to building for Fatdog.