Is there any simple way to share printer with WinXp?(SOLVED)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
rcrsn51

#16 Post by rcrsn51 »

You said at the beginning that you are using Precise 5.7.1. But my Precise CUPS screen looks different than yours.

marcos90

#17 Post by marcos90 »

rcrsn51 wrote:Is your XP machine running a security package like Norton that might be blocking this?
I'm just running ZoneAlarm Firewall and Avast AV . I'm uninstalled ZA and rebooted, just to test to see what will happens , but still same .
rcrsn51 wrote:You said at the beginning that you are using Precise 5.7.1. But my Precise CUPS screen looks different than yours.
I got two machines , one with puppy 5.2.8 and other with Precise 5.7.1 . Both have the same problem with shared printers with WinXP .
now I'm using Puppy 5.2.8 , but the drivers , and IP numbers are same , because I don't use both machines at same time .

marcos90

#18 Post by marcos90 »

Solved
The problem I think :? , was on firewall of the linux machine . There are 3 options : "Firewall on " "Firewall off" and "Firewall remove" . I've allways choosed "Firewall off" with no results . Now I choosed "Firewall Remove" option and the Win XP machine connected to the printer installed at Puppy .

rcrsn51 ,ndujoe1 . Thanks for taking your precious time and tips for helping me in this . Once again thanks .