Testimonial to a job well done

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
marksouth2000

Testimonial to a job well done

#1 Post by marksouth2000 »

Fellow Puppians, Hail!

You all know SnowDog who inhabits this forum. A while ago he posted a notice that his business, Histocs Industries had some $10 laptops coming in. (You can search the forum for links to that thread and for the Histocs website.) My curiosity was piqued and I sent an enquiry for more details by email. Well, after a little bit of mail back and forth, I decided that the $10 machines were not quite what I was looking for - I wanted something simple but capable of running Puppy well. SnowDog eventually offered me a nice Toshiba Satellite 4010CDT in good condition. I took him up on this offer. Since I'm based nowhere near Canada, we arranged that a relation of mine would pick the machine up from somewhere else in Canada while on business there. This cut the shipping costs by a long way, and I could wait for a while.

Well, I finally got the machine in my own little hands a few days back. It's a 266MHz PII. Snowdog kindly banged the memory up to 96MB and the disk to 6.4GB, and, together with adding a Prism 2.5 wireless card I already had, I now have Puppy 2.02 going beautifully on this machine. Everything works, ACPI, sound, X.org, the lot. Although I expected an "old banger" for the very special price that he gave me, SnowDog supplied the machine looking as if it just left the factory, really clean and shiny, with all traces of storage dust and usage smears removed.

I'd just like to express how pleased I am with the level of service that SnowDog and Histocs Industries provided. He truly went the extra mile and I'm very pleased with my new/old little toy. The only downer is that I keep thinking it should be kept for a museum instead of suffering daily use!

This is a personal endorsement, I do not have any commercial connection with Histocs Industries other than as a very satisfied customer. Also, I cannot guarantee that SnowDog can offer everyone such a good deal as I got (I suspect my timing was somewhat lucky) but I'd say that if you are looking for a secondhand portable or some specific parts, it's certainly worth dropping SnowDog an email.

Well done Histocs industries!

Cheers to you all,
Mark 8)

SnowDog

#2 Post by SnowDog »

:oops: :oops:

Thanks Mark.
I know we don't agree on this point, but I really feel like the benefit was mostly mine.

Every business should be so lucky as to have customers as kind and considerate as yourself.

I can't always make every single customer as happy as you are (usually beyond my control if that happens), but that won't prevent me from trying and words like yours only help me to keep pushing for perfection.

Thanks so much for your kind words and thanks once again to Puppy Linux and this forum. Without them, I'd never have had the opportunity to serve you!

Cheers,
SnowDog
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

raffy

link

#3 Post by raffy »

:D

EDIT: (See below) Ah, Gekko, how dare you say the truth. :lol:

Going over Mark's post:
You can search the forum for ... the Histocs website.
I have assumed that it was not visible.

It's on the www buttom below his signature, of course. :oops:
Last edited by raffy on Thu 02 Nov 2006, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

SnowDog

#4 Post by SnowDog »

Raffy, are you pulling my leg?
The www button under all my posts... beside the MSN button and the Yahoo button, etc. ???
Does it only show up to me?
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

Gekko

#5 Post by Gekko »

No he's just insane :P.

SnowDog

#6 Post by SnowDog »

re:> he's insane...> Ah, Gekko, how dare you say the truth.

Okay then, it makes sense now :lol:

I was worried that I was the only insane one in here. I feel better in the knowledge that I'm in good company.