NFS Gui for easy file sharing

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
sunburnt

#16 Post by sunburnt »

Many more thanks Mike; I`ll check and see what we have cooking for a burn app.
Thanks for the hints at potential problems with NFS.
And I`ll check on Debian installs of portmap and nfsd for sizes and deps.

slavvo67

#17 Post by slavvo67 »

I was watching your 2nd post for a long time but nothing happened! Then, I decided to download. :lol:

It looks like a good tool!

mikeb

#18 Post by mikeb »

lol ...well seriously its what the professionals do incase they need to add something later on that needs to keep near the top of the thread.

Hope its useful to you and bear in mind the status of recent puppies and NFS (ie getting newer utils to match)

mike

slavvo67

#19 Post by slavvo67 »

I hear you. Yeah, I didn't have much luck but it still was the closest I got to connecting computers wireless. My true weakness. I have 3 pc's all running different puppies in my dining area and I'm running back and forth with USB's to transfer things. LOL One day I'll get there. In the meantime, I keep practicing my bash.....

Best,

Slavvo67

mikeb

#20 Post by mikeb »

Hmm yes you need the nfsd and portmap utils.... and the mount in puppy may or not behave too. And thats assuming the nfs/portmap utils are included...
We have 4 machines which are all linked and indeed does save a lot of running about. One of them has a usb hard drive which is the source or various media...poor mans NAS :) We have even done things like remotely access SDcards and DVD's this way.

Heres a thread I made some time ago...
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 62&t=45090
but the idea of the gui is that it configures itself so only requires the files present but the info might be handy for debugging if you got the urge.

mike