Broadcom 43xx Driver

mister_s

Broadcom 43xx Driver

#1 Post by mister_s »

Before I begin let me just say that this isn't exactly Puppy Linux, it's Slitaz Linux that I'm using.

Now I've recently installed the operating system, and there is no internet what so ever, Ethernet, or Wireless. So for now I'd like to just get the Ethernet working.

I've set the "network.conf" to eth0. And of course it's disconnected, so I assumed it was drivers. I headed on over to http://pkgs.slitaz.org/search.sh?file=b43 and got the b43-fwcutter.tarpkg, and installed it (rather quickly).

After a reboot nothing has changed. What should I do?

Thanks for your help in advance

Ibidem

Re: Broadcom 43xx Driver

#2 Post by Ibidem »

mister_s wrote:Before I begin let me just say that this isn't exactly Puppy Linux, it's Slitaz Linux that I'm using.

Now I've recently installed the operating system, and there is no internet what so ever, Ethernet, or Wireless. So for now I'd like to just get the Ethernet working.

I've set the "network.conf" to eth0. And of course it's disconnected, so I assumed it was drivers. I headed on over to http://pkgs.slitaz.org/search.sh?file=b43 and got the b43-fwcutter.tarpkg, and installed it (rather quickly).

After a reboot nothing has changed. What should I do?

Thanks for your help in advance
Hmmm.
Maybe visit the Slitaz forums?

b43 is wireless only. And with new kernels, b43-fwcutter shouldn't be needed: it extracts firmware from the Windows driver, and that firmware is needed for the old, reverse-engineered driver. The newer kernels have a different driver that comes with firmware.
With the old kernels and b43, you will need to download the Windows driver and extract firmware manually, using b43-fwcutter.

What ethernet/wireless do you have?
Does "lspci -nnk" show anything relevant?
What drivers do you have available?
Try running this and record the ouput:

Code: Select all

ls /sys/class/net/
for d in brcmsmac brcmfmac b43 wl; do modinfo $d; done

smokey01

#3 Post by smokey01 »