Softmaker Charity Campaign for 2013

News, happenings
mikeb

Softmaker Charity Campaign for 2013

#1 Post by mikeb »

They are doing it again... grab a copy of their free office and they make a donation to charity.....

Its also a neat suite on both linux and windows and the emails you get lob offers and free fonts and you can always unsubscribe.

Not sure if this release is that different to last year but might be nice just to join in anyway :)

http://www.loadandhelp.com/

mike

Queen Mamba

Great idea, please spread the word!

#2 Post by Queen Mamba »

@mikeb: It's the latest version of FreeOffice with improved import and export filters (however, even previous versions had the best compatibility with Microsoft Office compared to all other alternatives, e.g. LibreOffice).

Means, even if you use FreeOffice already, it makes sense downloading this new version, plus you increase the sum for aid projects.

Currently, more than 20.000 downloads > more than €2.000 donations by SoftMaker for needy people.

FreeOffice is available free anyway and all the time (freeoffice.com), but if you want to support the Load and Help campaign, then you have to download it here until Christmas Eve:

www.loadandhelp.com

mikeb

#3 Post by mikeb »

I have heard its more compatible too.. What I like is the speed...libreoffice is good but I can make a pot of tea by the time it opens and it tends to be a little sluggish...and thats after me cutting it to 95MB and no python/java.
Freeoffice on windows is equally slick.

mike