Realtek RTL8188E Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Max Headroom

#31 Post by Max Headroom »

Hey Thanx Both Perdido & Semme, it Works, No more Umbilical cord!

:)K

perdido

#32 Post by perdido »

Hi Max Headroom,
Glad it worked!

I thought you gave up on the RTL8188ETV and had decided to use the built-in wifi in your computer.

Semme was going to teach you to compile the driver - that would have been better than me feeding the forum a link.

Max Headroom

#33 Post by Max Headroom »

Yes indeed Perdido it would have been ideal 4 Me 2 Learn that Skill, But the Truth is that just prior 2 My trying rcrsn51 Driver, I got as far as identifying the Wireless Card Chip as being Orinoco CS, which the Network Wizard Warned didn't have WPA eNCryption, but that I could Test it by Manually Loading the Module which I did & indeed it only offers WEP & it's Nun of My Business 4 Me 2 be ReConfiguring the LandLadys' Wireless Router in the Boarding Haus that I'm staying in, so it's Circumstancial, However I could Hunt out another card & research its Security Capabilities & Try that because as it stands Now I've only got 1 Available USB Port, altho I'm aware that Obvious Work around is a USB Hub, But then again I've already spent Too Much time on this E.Waste Laptop & since Dismantling it 2 Clean & Lube the Cooling Fan & Change the RTC Battery, the Sound No longer works when it previously did! :cry: :?

All 4 the Cause of Keeping it Green!