Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 09 Dec 2016, 13:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Anyone having Woof2 issues ?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
psionprime

PostPosted: Mon 04 Nov 2013, 15:29    Post subject:  Anyone having Woof2 issues ?
Subject description: cannot recreate Precise 5.7.1

I am new to Puppy but not Linux or programming etc. I have a project in mind and am investigating Puppy and the woof2 distro builder.

I have a fresh fossil of woof2 as I discovered only it has the build for precise 5.7.1 (*just* learning this so I went with the obvious). I was following the suggestion to build as is the first time in the GUI which should build what I am using as I type this, Precise Puppy 5.7.1

When I get to the "create packages" tab I eventually get a number of errors, eg, ERROR: 'cups' package does not exist. Checking the local repositories I see cups-1.4.8-w5c.pet is there.

If I do an existence check during the database download I see a number of faults, eg, align-1.7.1.pet does not exist at http://distro.iblibio.org/quirky. I note that file is in the local pet repository.

So, the pup I am using will not build out-of-the-box with woof2 so far as I understand it.

I am not afraid to dig in if someone can point me in the right direction please Smile
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: