Woof-NeXt

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
stemsee

Woof-NeXt

#1 Post by stemsee »

Previously, ages ago, I built a few pups using jamesbond's woof-next branch. I used different package install methods: I think there are three possibilities. They led to differing results, primarily to do with permissions. Recently I built a jessie using woof-ce: this was the second endeavour. A couple weeks ago a built a woof-next/woof-ce combined method jessie! Which I was able to connect to the internet over wifi (something I couldn't get to before).

However the packages are not up to date. But the experiments are very very promising! When I have time I will crack this wide open.

shadow of viper`

#2 Post by shadow of viper` »

Hi stemsee!

can we have a teaser please?

some screenshots, brief description of the puplet - how is it different from others

Thanks!

stemsee

#3 Post by stemsee »

I deleted that pup because I was doing something else with the drive, and I had learnt something useful which I an improve on next build.

I created it by using woof-next to download the packages and woof-ce to create initial and subsequent puppy root dirs and skeleton which i copied to woof-next before letting woof-next install it's packages and create the sfs! You can try it!

But next time I need to edit woof-next packages to include more!