How to put .sh file in remastered Lucid 525 Startup folder?

Using applications, configuring, problems
skytalk

How to put .sh file in remastered Lucid 525 Startup folder?

#1 Post by skytalk »

Dear.
Viewers, thanks for read my post, I am new in Puppy Linux I want one solution for puppy Lucid 5.2.5, I have make one .sh file for puppy & its working fine on puppy if I run manually but I want it will run automatically after OS/puppy/computer run because of that I was try to put in Startup folder of puppy & then remastering it & its successfully create .ISO file of current puppy but without that .sh file that I was put for run automatically even its not shown on Startup folder anymore, anyone can help me about it please? I wait for all of member of this forums please help me if you know to to make it, Thanks for your attenuation.

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

You might search for member CatDude post's about /usr/sbin/remasterpup2 script .

In short, everything you change in /lib , /etc , /root might be replaced with the defaults from the main.sfs .

You should be asked if you want to edit /tmp/etc and /tmp/root . Do that . But do not copy every hidden file ( /etc/.XLOADED , /etc/asound.state , /etc/X11/xorg.conf to name a few ) .
Last edited by Karl Godt on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

skytalk

#3 Post by skytalk »

Dear,
Sir, Thanks for your replay, I just want to put one file on Startup folder for run automatically, & then make ISO with that file. is it possible sir?

Karl Godt

#4 Post by Karl Godt »

Long story in short : which remasterpup2 is a script : look into it .
It has shortcomings in regards to /root and every file , socket , pipe , directory , link , whatever beneath /root/* if you don't adjust /tmp/root .

Q : Wht is /tm/root ?
A : remasterpup2 copies /path/to/original/root to /tmp/root and merges /tmp/root into the new custom_puppy_version.sfs , that gets later merged into the new custom puppy_custom_version.iso.

666philb

#5 Post by 666philb »

hi skytalk

yes it is. in the remaster process you are asked if you want to add anything to /root. at this point a /tmp/root folder is created and you can add your script to the startup folder there.

Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

Karl Godt

#6 Post by Karl Godt »

Sorry, mistyped CatDude as Catdude .

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71349 Remastering a frugal install

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=49251 How to remaster a full install of Puppy-431

skytalk

Thanks...

#7 Post by skytalk »

Dear,
All, thanks for helping me to solve my problem, I am facing another problem with network signal red problem, I have attach one picture with 2 signal line but its gone all signal & then its shown some error why the signal is go down & become red, please if anybody face same problem & know how to solve the problem please post me also, I wait for your all, Thanks for attention.
Attachments
puppy-red.jpg
Red-Signal
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

skytalk

Puppy Red Signal Problem

#8 Post by skytalk »

Dear,
All Viewers I was post about puppy Red problem & didn't get any replay yet, so I was think you wasn't understand my question because of that I write again please just see the 1st 2 pics & tell me how to solve this problem? another one pics I add for know how to edit this type of file in windows which software I should use to edit this type of file & if not possible to edit this file in windows so tell me how to edit this type of file, its puppy apps file & I want edit it. 1st 2 pics for puppy problem & 3rd one is for how to edit that type of file which I get from /usr/bin folder please if anybody know help me out from this 2 problem, I wait for your all, Thanks for your attention.

Regards
Kevin
Attachments
puppy-or.jpg
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
puppy red.png
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
pics1.png
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 416 times

Jasper

#9 Post by Jasper »

Hi skytalk,

The red line probably means your personal storage space is low and is not network related.

Place your cursor on the red line and then report back any text message that shows. Perhaps it went red because you made a large download and/or installed one or more large pets.

Also tell us if you have a frugal install and why you want to edit that file.

My regards

When you have a new question it is recommended that you start a new thread.

Karl Godt

aseqnet

#10 Post by Karl Godt »

aseqnet is part of the alsa sound driver support binaries

Package: alsa-utils

Homepage [www.alsa-project.org]

Utilities for configuring and using ALSA

Included tools:

- amixer: command line mixer
- alsamixer: curses mixer
- amidi: read from and write to ALSA RawMIDI ports
- aplay, arecord: command line playback and recording
- aplaymidi, arecordmidi: command line MIDI playback and recording
- aconnect, aseqnet, aseqdump: command line MIDI sequencer control

If that is a binary, it is not easily done to edit it by opening it in a text editor .
You would need a hexeditor to be able to edit it .

skytalk

Shell (.sh) Scripts Encrypt.

#11 Post by skytalk »

Hello,
All Viewers thanks to all for helping in last task today I was try to encrypt shell scripts with shc but it wont work so I would like to know how to encrypt puppy .sh scripts

2. I want to know also what is the localhost/www file folder I have put file in /var/www/html/ but it wont work I want if I browse on puppy web browser localhost it have to show my website.

3. how can I install asterisk on puppy please tell me step by step if anyone have.

Thanks for your attention, I wait for all of you.