installing my printer (hp deskjet 6122) and connect via DSL

Booting, installing, newbie
raffy

installing my printer (hp deskjet 6122) and connect via DSL

#1 Post by raffy »

From puppylinux.org:
maryjo on June 26 2006 00:37

I downloaded 2.01 Seamonkey and got him up and running. I can't seem to get anything to work. My printer is a hp deskjet 6122 and I can't get it set up. I am on DSL using a Lynksys 645 modem and can't get on the web. I have a wireless router for my second computer but am not concerned about that at this time. I just want to get the basics working and then worry about the wireless, the scanner, camera later.

I am really interested in a small - easy to install and use - Linux. Small for my friend who has a Compaq Presario Celeron made in 2000 using Win 98se. All she has to worry about is her printer and her DSL - and maybe in the future a camera. All she uses the computer for is the web and email. If she has to, she might type a letter. I think she has done this twice in all these years, LOL. She had 64 meg of ram but I bumped her up to 256 and I think the rest of that is Kingston 100/133 on the box. If I remember right she has a 740 hp printer (my old one). She is the reason I am concerned about SMALL OS. Both of us are the reason I am concerned about EASY.

For now if someone could put me on the path to installing my printer (hp deskjet 6122) and get me on the web with my DSL I would be so grateful.

Sorry, I should have told you my computer is HP Media Center Pentium D M7016on with 1 gig memory and 250 gig harddrive...so small for me isn't the issue...just easy

Mary Jo

raffy

Wizards

#2 Post by raffy »

Just find the wizards, these will guide you well. There is a Printing wizard.

On the desktop, there is an Internet Connection icon (looks like a modem with small globe on it). Click on it and choose eth0 - DHCP (which will connect you automatically).