Vincent Van Pup 3992

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

Re: Do you think two browsers are necessary

#121 Post by Pelo »

Pelo wrote:j'avais djà remastérisé van Pup en enlevant libre Office et chrome pour profiter des MBS afin de mettre des application graphiques.

I remasterized yet Van Pup deleting LibreOffice and Chrome to replace them by true graphics applications, but i was unable to solve the bug of keyboard :!: Merci Greengeek.)
My coffee is boiling ! You discover bugs only when using the Puppy, not looking at it on the stage, like a book.. I will never judge without using. The PPM was not working, it cannot be guessed

:!: I am unable to create a Puppy, only add and withdraw some stuff. but do car drivers should not talk about their car because they are unable to build it ? Greengeek seems not to be offensed, Musher0 ! users help by tasting (and i gave the link to Augras pet !). European are artists, american are technicians, that the reason why american painters and writers come in Paris !

starhawk

#122 Post by starhawk »

Pelo wrote:I am unable to create a Puppy
Woofy Remaster Tool, by sc0ttman

That is how Van Pup (and all the others I've done and released publicly) have been made. Use version 0.9 from the first post; do not version 0.91... it has a clumsy way of deleting things (delete by selecting from a package list) that, in practice, is much more difficult to use than the earlier method (delete files individually, as a plain-text list of files, one per line, full paths).

One can also manually edit Puppy. unsquashfs the primary sfs (eg puppy_tahr_6.0.2.sfs), make changes, mksquashfs. Not that challenging, but a step above Woofy.

musher0

#123 Post by musher0 »

starhawk wrote:
Pelo wrote:I am unable to create a Puppy
Woofy Remaster Tool, by sc0ttman

That is how Van Pup (and all the others I've done and released publicly) have been made. Use version 0.9 from the first post; do not version 0.91... it has a clumsy way of deleting things (delete by selecting from a package list) that, in practice, is much more difficult to use than the earlier method (delete files individually, as a plain-text list of files, one per line, full paths).

One can also manually edit Puppy. unsquashfs the primary sfs (eg puppy_tahr_6.0.2.sfs), make changes, mksquashfs. Not that challenging, but a step above Woofy.
Hi.
Shinobar came up with his own remaster utility too. I used it once and I loved it,
but I can't find it anymore in this mess of a forum.

Anybody has any idea where it could be? (Or shinobar would have retired it?)

Thanks in advance.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

starhawk

#124 Post by starhawk »

I think I remember hearing about that somewhere, but I'm not sure.

If you have a name for it and it's something fairly unique -- use the forum search and restrict to the "Additional PETs" subforums... that should find it unless it's someplace weird.

musher0

#125 Post by musher0 »

Thanks for the tip, starhawk.

I found a shinobar remaster script here, but AFAICR, it's not the one I used.

I installed and opened the first panel of your woofy, and read the docs, and it looks
different. I'll try it next time.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

starhawk

#126 Post by starhawk »

sc0ttman made it, I'm just a user ;)

Pelo

Vincent Van Pup is on the next step now,

#127 Post by Pelo »

Keyboard, Libre Office, how-to make a Puppy are fully explained in the forum by our Puppy Masters for Students in Puppy-Buiding..
Vincent Van Pup is on the next step now,
ISO remasterised, PPM working, fully serviceable now.. perharps some details here and there to improve, but not to start again a new ISO, the greengeek one is OK, about browsers, it will be easy to remove one by remove buit-in tool.
There are so few Puppies with a specialized domain,
Puupy Papos, Puppy studio, PAW, Puppy van pup are the four i know between the 1700 puppies still alive.
For generic purpose, Please see generic section about woof CE and ask them.
New suscribers in the forum to get an answer will not jump to making their own Puppy in one day, if they just need a keyboard
VIPs will still provide them Puppies ready to use.

musher0

#128 Post by musher0 »

starhawk wrote:sc0ttman made it, I'm just a user ;)
I know!
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

Van Pup can fly now, even with non us joystick

#129 Post by Pelo »

even new airplanes need flights with passengers on board, to check remaining defaults and resolve them, but the pilot too must keep onboard.
Starhawk was the emblem of US War planes !
Van Pup can fly now, even with non us joystick (keyboard) :) love and peace !
"This thread is eerily quiet. Either nobody's using it or I did a better job than I thought was possible..." we are using, that the reason we saw some bugs.
We have just sent our best photo reporter to Toronto, Musher0, will you accept him on your snow scooter ?
Greengeek Rematerized ISOs click here
Lazpaint, a Lazarus editing software
Attachments
pharmacie.jpg
Paint old pictures with lazpaint
(70.44 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 07:42, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

Pelo complains !

#130 Post by Pelo »

"ISO remasterised, PPM working, fully serviceable now.. perharps some details here and there to improve, but not to start again a new ISO, the greengeek one is OK, about browsers, it will be easy to remove one by remove buit-in tool. "
I can repeat it for Starhawk ! try hungarian versions of Upup, join starhawk on their topic
However the hungarian version has the Keyboard bug too :!:
Greengeek repaired Van Pup. Merci Greengeek (positive, no ?)
"This thread is eerily quiet. Either nobody's using it or I did a better job than I thought was possible..." Once the keyboard made available, yes, starhawk's Puppy is running fine.

starhawk

#131 Post by starhawk »

Pelo, greengeek -- thanks to both of you for keeping this alive.

I should've said that sooner.

It was that bug with this Pup that made me realize I could not adequately support what I was creating -- and that is why I stopped. Perhaps, one day, I will learn enough about Puppy and Linux that I can be a dev. Until then, others will have to do it...

Time will tell.

If either of you want to remaster a copy of Van Pup with the keyboard fix, please do, and I will host it on my Google Drive if you can get it to me.

Pelo

Back to USSR or ... France.

#132 Post by Pelo »

The reason this affects Vincent van pup is that the base is Upup 3.9.9.2 - affected by the bug.
I little detail never solved can kill all the serie, puplets done with Upup 3.9.9.2 all have the bug (included Hungarians ones)
Back to USSR or ... France, like Vincent Van Gogh.. :
The door is not closed by Upup 3.9.9.2, but only difficult to open.. by silly ex-Windows users not typing US.
Back to USSR or ... France, like Vincent Van Gogh..
Attachments
Z.jpg
GNU is free of access, whatever the keyboard, and the flag, of course..
(14.67 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

musher0

#133 Post by musher0 »

@pelo:
Have you asked French member "augras" if and/or how he has solved this
keyboard bug? Maybe send him a PM?

It's his favorite pup, IIRC, and he has been supporting it for some time. I believe
he even has created a site for the original "upup 3.9.9.2 raring". (It's not fresh in
my memory. I'll be back with the URL as soon as possible.)

My reasoning is this: if "augras" had the bug or if he had not found a solution, he
would not be recommending the "3.9.9.2 raring pup" and installing it on his
friends' machines (who are quite likely French people!).

~~~~~~~~~

Also, pelo, to be frank, you're very good at finding and using databases, you're
quite the Internet researcher, but you're a complete clutz with anything console or
script. Because you hate consoles and scripts, you want to be fed "baby-food
ready-to-eat" solutions.

So, I wouldn't come down too hard on starhawk -- when the solution exists for
your keyboard bug and you simply cannot or will not apply it?

I say the above because you almost ran me off track with your same criticism
about the same bug last January on a DebianPup Wheezy I was remastering.
I was in a state of depression after your criticism for several days.

I presented you with a solution for the Quebec keyboard: you did not know how to
adapt it to your French AZERTY keyboard, and you said I was an imbecile.

It so happens that being French-Canadian, I do not have an AZERTY keyboard to
test my script on!!!

Besides, my script was derived from a script by Médor, who is a French member
using an AZERTY keyboard. I told you that, and you didn't care to ask him for his
original script.

So pelo, please be very careful with your criticisms? Instead of seeing the straw in
other people's eyes, look at the beam in your own?

Thanks in advance. BFN.
Last edited by musher0 on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

starhawk

#134 Post by starhawk »

@musher -- greengeek fixed the bug.

musher0

#135 Post by musher0 »

starhawk wrote:@musher -- greengeek fixed the bug.
10-4 ! :)
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

greengeek

#136 Post by greengeek »

I do find it difficult to interpret Pelos recent comments though - is there still a bug in Vinnie? Something to do with PPM? I can't tell if it is a bug that used to be in Vinnie but has now been resolved, or if it was a bug with the location of Ubuntu repos, or if it is a bug that still remains to be fixed???

Or is it a bug that users fix by themselves by changing something in their savefiles?

If there is a PPM bug within the Vinnie main sfs itself i would be keen to get it resolved so that it works perfectly ootb. It's too good a puppy to have any issue that distracts or adversely affects new users.

starhawk

#137 Post by starhawk »

Probably the PPM updater needs to be run. I have to do that with Tahr these days...

musher0

#138 Post by musher0 »

@greengeek:
I have no problem whatsoever with Vinnie. :)
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

learnhow2code

#139 Post by learnhow2code »

greengeek wrote:I do find it difficult to interpret Pelos recent comments though - is there still a bug in Vinnie? Something to do with PPM? I can't tell if it is a bug that used to be in Vinnie but has now been resolved, or if it was a bug with the location of Ubuntu repos, or if it is a bug that still remains to be fixed???
this is why you cant worry too much about bug reports that contain no specifics. you can certainly ask someone to clarify (the more informal the gathering, the wiser that is) but if theyre always listing bugs and never giving you the info you need... what are you supposed to do? be happy that most users do not know about (or feel a need to mention) those issues?

Pelo

Van Pup has been repaired by Greengeek

#140 Post by Pelo »

NO ! Van Pup has been repaired by Greengeek, my message was to get Puppy Builders doing the same with other upup puppies (hungarian are concerned)
VanPUP can be downloaded from greengeek links. Starhawk is updating its repository, he says.
So little bugs were easy to solve. That is done. VanPup is perfect (as far as explored at home). Lot of libraries are included, allowing many apps to run.
Painting for painters, but not only, quite all music programs can be run by Music lovers. An healthy Puppy does not need so many Linux technics as paparazzi ! He needs 'aficionados'

Nota bene :

For people having lot of office work to do at home, office suite can be used.. But is that the goal of an artistic Puppy ? In my opinion, no :!:

learnhow2code : this forum is too much a repair shop. We have to underline applications working well, for newbies here to get informed
Not to be repaired.
There have been 24835 users online since yesterday :: 132 Registered, 13 Hidden and 24690 Guests
Attachments
raringsave.jpg
Raringsave 128MB can be increased when needed
(37.47 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:55, edited 2 times in total.