How to fix NTFS 3G Mounr error?

News, happenings
taichifu

How to fix NTFS 3G Mounr error?

#1 Post by taichifu »

Hi every Linux Guru out there,

Every time I mount my drive I get this error message and when I try to save a file to it it will not save it. I get a message the drive is read only. How do I go about fixing it. I can do anything with it in Windows OS. Please see attached file.

Thanks
Attachments
capture16019.png
(9.45 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

It might help if you told us which version of Puppy Linux you're using and what kind of device you're using it in. Is it a smart phone or something like that?

don570

#3 Post by don570 »

I find I'm getting that message more often. It may be a timing thing
when the system is being booted from a USB stick or CD ???

I just close the window and open the disk with a right click on desktop icon
or with pmount.

James C

#4 Post by James C »

Saw the same error when dual-booting with Windows 8/8.1 ( no problem with 7).The fix is reportedly disabling quick boot in 8 or 8.1.

taichifu

#5 Post by taichifu »

Using Precise Puppy 5.7.1 for at least 9 months now never had this problem before nothing has changed suddenly this message appears out of nowhere. The hard drive is an IDE with Windows XP. I am booting from a hard drive.Yet when I run Quirky 7.0.4 or other Puppy distro I don't get this message and everything is fine,looks like somehow Precise has got corrupted when mounting the drive. Very odd indeed.

ICPUG

#6 Post by ICPUG »

James C wrote:Saw the same error when dual-booting with Windows 8/8.1 ( no problem with 7).The fix is reportedly disabling quick boot in 8 or 8.1.

Yes - Windows 8 actually implements Quick Boot by not actually shutting down - more like hibernation. Consequently the drive is in use by Windows still.

taichifu

#7 Post by taichifu »

Hi

Actually using Windows XP. The problem does not occur with a new install of Puppy install