LxPup : a Puppy with LXDE as its desktop environment

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
clasico3124

skype for lxpup tahr

#571 Post by clasico3124 »

hola,
tengo problemas con la llamada en skype no se escucha a la otra persona y la otra persona tampoco me escucha

uso puppy tahrpup con escritorio lxde

hello,
i have problem with skype call i dont lisen other person and the other dont lisent to me

i am use tahrpup with lxde

peebee

Re: skype for lxpup tahr

#572 Post by peebee »

clasico3124 wrote:hello,
i have problem with skype call i dont lisen other person and the other dont lisent to me

i am use tahrpup with lxde
Please use:
Menu -> Setup -> ALSA Sound Wizard
to adjust your sound

and
Menu -> Multimedia -> Pavrecord
to test settings

Then try Skype again when you have sound configured correctly.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

clasico3124

mixxx sound

#573 Post by clasico3124 »

hello,
thanks for help me with skype, now work all ok with skype call.

i have a new problem, with mixxx dont leave other app sound

i want speak with other person in skype, and both of us go air with mixxx

but mixxx doesnt premition other app sound

why only one app sound at the time

peebee

LxPup-15.03

#574 Post by peebee »

LxPup-15.03 is available to download from:
http://lx-pup.weebly.com/slacko60.html

Slackware-14.1 (Slacko6-Beta2) flavour with no-pae k3.4.94 and pae k3.17.7 versions

Main change is the new "look" - new default background, flat-remix iconset, Windows8OB window decoration, xfce-dawn gtk2 widgets

ppm and pup-sys-info also updated

(if you want to revert to a close approximation of the previous "look" then use Menu -> Desktop -> Change appearance and select:
Windows - Onyx
Theme - Nodoka-Aqua
Icons - Elementary
Background - vladstudio-windypress)

Note: updating an existing savefile will likely need some desktop reconfiguration after 1st boot - particularly an iconset will need to be selected and a windows manager restart done. This is because the box iconset is no longer included.

Cheers
peebee
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(95.61 KiB) Downloaded 2524 times
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

LxPupTahr-15.03

#575 Post by peebee »

LxPupTahr has also now been updated to version 15.03.

See http://lx-pup.weebly.com/upup-tahr.html for download.

TahrPup updates to 22-Mar-2015 16:09 are included.

Box icons are no longer included.

The Puppy update process does not support LxPup fully, so if you are updating a previous install of LxPup you will need to do some manual tweaking after the 1st boot.

In particular you should:
- select the new iconset (flat-remix): Menu -> Desktop -> Desktop appearance -> Icons
- delete the optional top-panel if you have activated it and then re-activate it:
Menu -> Desktop -> Desktop appearance -> Options -> Top panel

You may also need to change the background and the GTK2 widget theme depending on how many changes you have made to these features in the past.

Cheers
peebee
Attachments
capture27596.png
(131.41 KiB) Downloaded 2523 times

clasico3124

pets download

#576 Post by clasico3124 »

where is the pet or sfs when quickpet download ?

peebee

Re: pets download

#577 Post by peebee »

clasico3124 wrote:where is the pet or sfs when quickpet download ?
Afraid I don't personally use quickpet.....

Looking in /usr/local/quickpet_precise
for .pets - they are downloaded to /root and deleted after install

.sfs must be left in a location where they will reload on next boot - probably /mnt/home?

john009

#578 Post by john009 »

Updated from 14.12 to 15.03 last night -Everything's working perfectly :D ..Actually it's gotten better :D

The new win8 themes and icons are really good.

Allt+f2 launcher wouldn't work in the old version;I can use it now.

I am still confused about security updates though??

Thanks peebee for such a awesome distro..

peebee

#579 Post by peebee »

john009 wrote:Updated from 14.12 to 15.03 last night -Everything's working perfectly :D ..Actually it's gotten better :D

The new win8 themes and icons are really good.

Allt+f2 launcher wouldn't work in the old version;I can use it now.

I am still confused about security updates though??

Thanks peebee for such a awesome distro..
Hi john009 - thanks for the feedback

If you are using the LxPupTahr flavour then that includes 666philb's quickpet update mechanism and he provides security updates through that route. Go into Quickpet and click Check for updates.

For the LxPup (Slacko) flavour there is Updates Manager - latest from Slackware in the menu. Some of the entries will be already present and updated but can be loaded again if you are in doubt.

Cheers
peebee

clasico3124

bluez

#580 Post by clasico3124 »

hello

nice new look for xlpup tahr distro is beautiful
i dont see bluez in quickpet

i edit this post because i found the bluez for bluetooth but will be nice if it is include in quickpet for the next update

thank pebee for this puppy the best puppy i probed

peebee

Experimental LxPup-15.04

#581 Post by peebee »

EXPERIMENTAL EASTER EGG

LxPup-15.04 with kernel 3.19.2-emsee-32-pae

Particularly interested in any problems with:
- Broadcom wl wifi driver compiled for 3.19.2 kernel
- ndiswrapper driver ditto
- Frisbee / dhcpd / network_tray (latest versions)

Getflash also updated to latest version.

No longer available from an experimental download site:
(provides ftp upload access which is unusual for a free site - plus it has an appropriate name for Puppy use :) )

Known problems with the kernel include:
- multiple segfault reports in dmesg when installed on a laptop with "older" Intel graphics (despite these seems to work otherwise)
- exhibits the "unable to select from multiple savefiles/folders when using a usb keyboard" problem extensively discussed and fixed in the tahrpup thread

Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

johnywhy

#582 Post by johnywhy »

after applying quickpet updater, i can no longer connect to wifi. i'm getting

wlan0 "no such device"

How can i fix?

thx!
[b]Now[/b]: X-Tahr 2.0! StretchDog! DevuanDog!
[b]Tops[/b]: TarhNOP Vlina-R2 Racy
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

peebee

#583 Post by peebee »

johnywhy wrote:after applying quickpet updater, i can no longer connect to wifi. i'm getting

wlan0 "no such device"

How can i fix?

thx!
Hi there - afraid I don't really know - wouldn't have thought there is anything in update to affect wifi.

Have a look at the output from dmesg in a terminal - are there any error messages concerning wlan0?

Check if a driver called wl is being loaded - lsmod in a terminal - if it is try blacklisting it and then rebooting.

If you still have problems please run pdiag in a terminal and post or pm the output.

For problems like this you need to post a lot more information - what type of wifi do you have? which network manager are you using? How and where does that error message appear?

johnywhy

#584 Post by johnywhy »

peebee wrote:Check if a driver called wl is being loaded - lsmod in a terminal - if it is try blacklisting it and then rebooting.
that was the problem. your fix worked.

how did that happen?

many thx!
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

johnywhy

Remaster Did Not Produce an ISO (says it did)

#585 Post by johnywhy »

Hi

On LxPupTahr, i ran the remastering program. I chose the correct options to produce an iso file. At the end, it says the ISO was created.

But there's no ISO. See screenshot.

Remastering on this pup installation worked for me previously. I made an ISO earlier today with no problem.

Then i added/removed various packages from my live pup, using "remove built-in packages" and "package manager" apps.

I don't know if this is related, but I noticed the dependency checker says i'm missing "libntfs-3g841", but i cannot find this package in the package manager, nor in http://packages.ubuntu.com.

However, "which ntfs-3g" returns "/bin/ntfs-3g".

sda2 is an ext2 partition.

thx!
Attachments
missing remaster iso.jpg
(67.98 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

peebee

Re: Remaster Did Not Produce an ISO (says it did)

#586 Post by peebee »

johnywhy wrote:Hi

On LxPupTahr, i ran the remastering program. I chose the correct options to produce an iso file. At the end, it says the ISO was created.

But there's no ISO. See screenshot.

Remastering on this pup installation worked for me previously. I made an ISO earlier today with no problem.

Then i added/removed various packages from my live pup, using "remove built-in packages" and "package manager" apps.

I don't know if this is related, but I noticed the dependency checker says i'm missing "libntfs-3g841", but i cannot find this package in the package manager, nor in http://packages.ubuntu.com.

However, "which ntfs-3g" returns "/bin/ntfs-3g".

sda2 is an ext2 partition.

thx!
I've never done a remaster so am not in a good position to advise. Suggest you post on a "remastering" thread if you can find one that's been active recently - but again you must provide a lot more detail of your problem - exactly how is your system configured (what kind of install on what media etc) and what packages you had added and removed? If it worked previously then it must be something you did subsequently that stopped it working again.

mikeslr

Workaround for Remaster not producing ISO

#587 Post by mikeslr »

I don't have the scripting skills to figure out or fix the failure of the built in remaster to create an ISO.

Pending that solution, there's a workaround you could try,

Remaster left the puppylivecdbuild on your sda2 drive. You can install and use shinobar's dir2iso, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 748#638748.

mikeslr

p.s. My ignorance is often a cause for optimism: I could hope that installing dir2iso will write-in or overwrite the missing/broken "write to iso" part of remaster's script. On the other hand, dir2iso may depend on that script being installed and functional and not work at all.
Or more than just remaster's write iso routine is broken, and so consequently will be the Pup generated by dir2iso.

Gobbi

Re: Experimental LxPup-15.04

#588 Post by Gobbi »

peebee wrote:
LxPup-15.04 with kernel 3.19.2-emsee-32-pae

- Frisbee / dhcpd / network_tray (latest versions)
Frugal install on my desktop , posting from it using a wireless RTL 8187 dongle with Frisbee . The tray icon seems to be the 'network wizard' s one but right clicking on it opens Frisbee .
Having some troubles with both hdmi ( amd's videocard) sound and analog ( realtek mobo's ) sound outputs . Headphone sound works though ...
Using the ati driver as seen in first settings window , and was able to switch to 1920x1080 . Hardinfo shows Mesa driver at work .
I'll keep testing it ...

jd7654

#589 Post by jd7654 »

LxPup is a very nice puppy derivative!

Tested and working well on a few machines: Lenovo R60, Acer ZG5 and some generic clones.

Just a couple of minor differences I notice compared to other puppies like Precise, Slacko, Tahr or X-slacko:

- .4fs save files do not automatically mount and open when clicked on like .2fs/.3fs files.

- don't have a file delete option only a "Move to Trash" option, so that in order to cleanly remove any changes from a drive you have to move to trash, empty trash, and then maybe also delete the .Trash-0 directory that pops up on the drive.

peebee

#590 Post by peebee »

jd7654 wrote:LxPup is a very nice puppy derivative!

Tested and working well on a few machines: Lenovo R60, Acer ZG5 and some generic clones.

Just a couple of minor differences I notice compared to other puppies like Precise, Slacko, Tahr or X-slacko:

- .4fs save files do not automatically mount and open when clicked on like .2fs/.3fs files.

- don't have a file delete option only a "Move to Trash" option, so that in order to cleanly remove any changes from a drive you have to move to trash, empty trash, and then maybe also delete the .Trash-0 directory that pops up on the drive.
Hi jd7654

Thanks for your report - sorry its taken me a little time to investigate - you are correct wrt .4fs files and I am flummoxed!!

As far as I know, I haven't made any changes that would affect .4fs differently to .2fs/.3fs files - but it is the case that rox opens .4fs files but pcmanfm doesn't.

So the fix is to use rox from the menu -> Filesystem to get to the .4fs and when you click on it pcmanfm will open with the contents.

When I have time I will try to find the reason and a fix....

The fix for a right click permanent delete is to add the optional right-clicks package from
menu -> desktop appearance -> options

In pcmanfm there is also a remove option in the edit menu - so select the file you want to delete and then use that.

Cheers
peebee