Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 30 Jul 2014, 13:42
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
LxPup14.03 : a Puppy with LXDE as its desktop environment
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 22 of 22 [321 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 20, 21, 22
peebee

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun 2014, 02:39    Post subject:  

Jejy69 wrote:
But why did not you change the name to avoid conflicts ?

Hi Jejy69

I liked the name Wink and I considered my versions to be direct "descendents" of your trailblazing LxPup13.01.

I chose month of release naming - so there was no confusion whilst we were in 2013 with 13.10 and 13.11 versions - but then 2014 arrived and 14.02 and 14.03 versions were released - and because you had created your LxPup14 version with more radical departures from traditional Puppy (different pm), this is where some confusion crept in.

Cheers
peebee

peebee

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul 2014, 17:12    Post subject: New version 14.07 for testing  

I've uploaded a 14.07 version of LxPup for testing:

LxPup-14.07-s-nopae.iso

It's based on Slacko6Beta2 (Slacko5.9.3) so is based on Slackware 14.1 components and has kernel 3.4.94 no-pae. (thanks to 01micko)

pcmanfm (and libfm) have been updated to latest version 1.2.1

pup-volume-monitor has been patched to work with the new savefolders (thanks to gyro)

gvfs and menu-cache have also been updated.

I've included the Broadcom wl 223.141 driver and also updated libblkid.so for f2fs partitions (thanks to SFR)

Main changes you will notice are in addition to Slacko6 changes: the trash can on the desktop; partitions no longer display twice in pcmanfm when mounted; sfs/iso/2fs etc. mounting changed

On the last, feedback is requested - there are 3 possibilities as to how sfs/iso/2fs etc. files could be displayed when clicked - in a new pcmanfm window; in a new pcmanfm tab; in a rox window - I've implemented the 1st (a new window) but welcome feedback on whether this is the best option.

LxPup14.07 won't go to release until Slacko6 goes to release so may be 14.08 on release.....or 14.09....or....

I may also update some more components to Slackware14.1 standard before release.

Cheers
peebee
Screenshot.png
 Description   
 Filesize   191.55 KB
 Viewed   252 Time(s)

Screenshot.png

Last edited by peebee on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 13:56; edited 2 times in total
Marv

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul 2014, 23:03    Post subject: Re: New version 14.07 for testing  

peebee wrote:
I've uploaded a 14.07 version of LxPup for testing:

LxPup-14.07-s-nopae.iso

It's based on Slacko6Beta2 (Slacko5.9.3) so is based on Slackware 14.1 components and has kernel 3.4.94 no-pae. (thanks to 01micko)

pcmanfm (and libfm) have been updated to latest version 1.2.1

pup-volume-monitor has been patched to work with the new savefolders (thanks to gyro)

gvfs and menu-cache have also been updated.

I've included the Broadcom wl driver and also updated libblkid.so for f2fs partitions (thanks to SFR)

Main changes you will notice are in addition to Slacko6 changes: the trash can on the desktop; partitions no longer display twice in pcmanfm when mounted; sfs/iso/2fs etc. mounting changed

On the last, feedback is requested - there are 3 possibilities as to how sfs/iso/2fs etc. files could be displayed when clicked - in a new pcmanfm window; in a new pcmanfm tab; in a rox window - I've implemented the 1st (a new window) but welcome feedback on whether this is the best option.

LxPup14.07 won't go to release until Slacko6 goes to release so may be 14.08 on release.....or 14.09....or....

I may also update some more components to Slackware14.1 standard before release.

Cheers
peebee

All good here on the Pentium M ipw2200 laptop. Pristine frugal install, Set up new savefile then added in my customizations. Panel now comes up without a mouseclick on boot on the Pentium M 1.6GHz, more what people are used to. Changed to my usual themes and wallpaper ok. Installed rightclicks pet using Menu>Desktop>Change Appearance>Options. Connection using Frisbee fine OOTB. I'll play with the drop wait time later. It's pretty kernel dependent. Set at 15 secs for now. Sound fine OOTB. Added .desktops for my external browsers etc. Simplegtkradio works well. Laptop lid suspend works OOTB.

I strongly favor opening a new pcmanfm window for sfs/iso/2fs display (option 1).

Not much else to say except..

Thanks Exclamation

Edit: Just slipped a couple of items into a savefile (another pup in the Grub4Dos kennel) for testing. Really like the new 2fs opening scheme. Makes it much easier to remember what I'm juggling Confused

peebee

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul 2014, 13:55    Post subject: Kernel change easy peasy  

Wow - that was easy!!

Just changed the LxPup14.07 kernel to k3.14.11-pae as described by 666philb over in the tahrpup thread - see http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=788482#788482

All you do is download the kernel pack, unpack it, rename the zdrv to be lxpup14.07 compatible and then replace vmlinuz and zdrv - frugal install of course....and reboot

The only problem I foresee is obtaining a compatible devx.sfs for the new kernel - do I use the tahrpup devx in LxPup I wonder hmmmmm....will have to try compiling the new Broadcom 223.248 driver.....yep, that worked

cheers
peebee

Last edited by peebee on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 15:28; edited 1 time in total
Marv

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul 2014, 17:44    Post subject: Kernel change... Wow  

Posting from Lxpup 14.07 with kernel 3.15.4 swapped in per above. Indeed easy peasy Exclamation The 3.15.4 kernel is a PAE kernel but compiled with the patches required to allow booting from the 'PAE but non-PAE flag' Banias Pentium Ms. Of interest to old Pentium farts Confused Screenshot attached as proof of pudding. I'm particularly interested in how this pup/kernel handles lid suspend under acpid.
Screenshot.jpg
 Description   Kernel 3.15.4 in Lxpup 14.07 on Banias Pentium M
 Filesize   67.42 KB
 Viewed   224 Time(s)

Screenshot.jpg

peebee

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul 2014, 14:47    Post subject: Re: LXQT version  

cicerosc wrote:
Peebee are you working on an LXQT version? Any hope of that?

First attempt at LxQtPup.....

Page 22 of 22 [321 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 20, 21, 22
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: