Puppy's future

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
darry1966

#16 Post by darry1966 »

The article with all due respect is from 2012 a lot has happened with the kernel since then.

nooby

#17 Post by nooby »

It was the text that google found nearest in time
so other search terms is needed to find a more recent text.

Could you maybe give it a try to find such text?

Our wild guessing is not reliable. Seeing is believing.
I did a new search and September 2012 seems to be last time
anybody talked about "intel clover trail"

So what are we supposed to search for?

Linux intel power management
Now the firm is reported to have suffered delays in delivering power management software that will help Windows 8 take advantage of Clover Trail's power saving features.

With Intel heavily backing Windows 8 with its Clover Trail processor, this delay is a further embarrassment for the firm, coming just says after the company's CEO Paul Otellini told employees in Taiwan that Windows 8 will be shipped with bugs. According to Bloomberg, Microsoft has yet to approve any Clover Trail tablets due to Intel's delay in producing power management software.

Given that Intel has said that it won't be providing any power management software to the Linux kernel and seems unlikely to release the specifications of the Clover Trail chip, the chipmaker desperately needs Microsoft to green light Clover Trail tablet designs in time for the launch of Windows 8.

that was way back in October 2012 so we need something close in time.

a whole year ago. we need better key words for the search.
name of a chief linux kernel dev who takes care of intel power management maybe?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Dewbie

#18 Post by Dewbie »

raffy wrote:
Remember that MS even attempted to douse the enthusiasm for low-power "netbooks" (Atom-based mostly) by limiting its screen size and RAM?
A friend has an HP Mini, shipped with Win7 and 1G RAM; max RAM is 2G.
(Win7 will eventually need much more than that.)
I would love to see this strategy backfire, with users installing Linux en masse.