ArtfulPup (Artful Ardvark)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
PhPsdM

ArtfulPup (Artful Ardvark)

#1 Post by PhPsdM »

Hiya guys, I'm super curious about the new XenialPup release, is there a good reason to use ArtfulPup? Do they have the same functionality? Same aesthetic? Same utilities? Let me know some details and your opinions. Thanks in advance!

Sailor Enceladus

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

When I tried it, the look and selection of programs seemed somewhere between Xenialpup and Slacko, and it seemed just as stable as Xenialpup. The programs and libraries that it uses from Artful Aardvark (17.10) should be more bleeding-edge versions than Xenial (16.04) in general I think. There is another thread about it with feedback under "Puppy Projects":

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=111735

hamoudoudou

first ffmpeg included

#3 Post by hamoudoudou »

first ffmpeg included, that is an huge difference , and this Puppy has no bugs and i use it a lot, not only install and then try a new one. It's an every day Puppy for everyday usage of computers, for hobbies, with all packages from PPM, at least same as Xenial.
Artfulpup retrieves the Puppy spirit, to be simple to use, and provide useful applications, ready for use by non Linux geeks.
Keep on this way...
However, put Qt again.
rox filer Colums

rox-filer-2015.02-i686_s704|rox-filer|2015.02-i686_s704||Filesystem|1764||rox-filer-2015.02-i686_s704.pet|+gtk+2|Light weight gtk file manager|||| to be changed
Attachments
colonnes.jpg
Draw Column where you want it
(37.26 KiB) Downloaded 690 times
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Tue 03 Apr 2018, 09:51, edited 5 times in total.

hamoudoudou

everything works Without having to Linux..

#4 Post by hamoudoudou »

After months of daily usage (Zesty then Artful) i am happy with this Puppy. apart some details, everything works Without having to Linux..
Version 16 dowloaded this morning.. PeeBee topic now is about Bionic, LTS replacing Xenial..
Artful is an improvment of Xenial, but not a skill for Future Bionic..
Artfulpup would have been a seasonal flavour of Xenialpup, as Vivivpup and Raring were for tharpup and Precise, but the clever choice of libs get you rid of troubles. And that has to be underlined. Xenialpups are still fighting bugs when Bionic Baby is born (26 april)
Attachments
kernel.jpg
Puppy HU stretching , on the river side (Danube)
(15.28 KiB) Downloaded 705 times

hamoudoudou

print test

#5 Post by hamoudoudou »

print test by Nilson Morales
Artful is the last flavour of Xenial LTS
Bionic is a new LTS, will be released end of april. Still cooking. Wait a little bit, changes will soon be fixed.. LTS means that you don't have to re-install it daily :!:

Smithy

#6 Post by Smithy »

Artfulpup runs very well, haven't found any problems with it.
Openbox /tint2 runs fine. I should think alternative desktop windows managers would too.
Switch the kernel to run on older computers.
Last edited by Smithy on Thu 03 May 2018, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

hamoudoudou

i will check with openbox

#7 Post by hamoudoudou »

Support seems left To Bionic.. i will check with openbox as soon my artfulpup plugged again. soon or later.. If openbox guilty.. use JWM ...
If you want Help from devs, use a derivative . Builders build and build again, no time to take care of 'old' versions..
"my thoughts ?" upup bionic will not have a better future.. None of the upup are maintained LTS.. They are for brainstorming..

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS The Trusty Tahr (le Bélier Confiant) 17 avril 2014 Avril 2019
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS The Xenial Xerus (le Xerus Hospitalier) 21 avril 2016 Avril 2021
Ubuntu 17.10 The Artful Aardvak (l'Oryctérope du Cap astucieux) 19 octobre 2017 Juillet 2018
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS The Bionic Beaver (le Castor Bionique) 26 avril 2018 Avril 2023
Help DESK : Japanese and hungarian teams should help you, if you speak english.. French, Arabic or spanish : my friends will help (Facebook)

hamoudoudou

Music2go

#8 Post by hamoudoudou »

Music2go by Smithy..
I think that Smity will answer when people need help with his version..
BionicDog is not a Puppy, but is worth a try..