Geany encoding question

Using applications, configuring, problems
Marv

Geany encoding question

#1 Post by Marv »

There are some system files which show type text in properties, open fine in leafpad, nano etc, cat just fine, but will not open in Geany. As an example it gives the following error msg: The file /sys/power/state does not look like a text file or the encoding is not supported. Other examples would be the cpu governor state files in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/

Shows up in several diverse pups. I've played with the Geany encoding settings to no avail. Simple answer?
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

No Idea . That always happens to geany , maybe it is hard coded into it to prevent user mishaps .

Had played a lot with the geany settings about this and loaded all nls_isoCODENR.ko kernel modules without reliable success .

What I think I observed is that apparently sometimes when the first file after bootup is a file from /sys it opens in geany, but not if you have other kind of files opened at the same time or already opened .