foobillard++

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
ellgor

foobillard++

#1 Post by ellgor »

Hi all,

First off, a big thanks to the guys for Fatdog, does everything I want out of an OS.

I have the newish Foobillard++ game which runs well apart from the edges of the table which are so dark that it is sometimes impossible to see the balls, I have tinkered about in the source code and found out how to get rid of the logo in the middle of the table which leads me to believe that the dark edges of the table can also be fixed.

The copy of Foobillard I first used comes in at around 29mb (being the only one that would run on my setup) in the folder "data" near the bottom is tabletex.xx.png which is the logo in the middle of the table, open this up with Gimp/edit/clear gets rid of it (note I didn't delete it, just in case).

So I looked around for the edges of the table, couldn't find them, long story shortened I found a copy of about 35mb which contains the edges ( this copy wouldn't compile for various reasons) so I opened up both copies to see the differences, the most obvious was the bin folder, I presume the edges are called from inside this bin folder which I'm unable to access.

So if anyone can guide me as to how I can access a bin file I would be most grateful, failing that a working copy of foobillard would be even better.

Regards, Ellgor.