Setting up a Puppy distro forum at LinuxQuestions.org

News, happenings
stlchuck

Linux Questions info

#16 Post by stlchuck »

Registered as stlchuck at Linux Questions - see my PM for details.

slvrldy17

Linux Questions registration

#17 Post by slvrldy17 »

Mark
My brother told me about your project - your idea has a lot of merit. My LQ registration is the same as at Puppy Linux - slvrldy17 - as for a title - "Crash Test Puppy" is fine or if you prefer "Puppy Den Mother" - either is OK by me.

Thanks,

Alice
Always give without remembering - always receive without forgetting.
Alice

Sit Heel Speak

#18 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

I'm SitHeelSpeak at linuxquestions.org, no spaces.

"Puppyist booting from flashkey on a Thinkpad"

raffy

registered at linuxquestions

#19 Post by raffy »

OK, I have registered as "raffyM". BTW, I guess 2 Mark's will be sufficient to be admins in LQ (MarkUlrich and MarkSouth) :D

In using the LQ forum for Puppy Linux, it will be useful to remember MarkSouth's suggestion:
forum would be used to direct people to the huge knowledgebase already present in this one and the wiki, and to act as a backup assembly point if there are any further problems here

marksouth2000

#20 Post by marksouth2000 »

Hi All, the forum has now been created and is up and running. It already has a couple of posts in it. :)

For details see this topic: http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?p=54867#54867

To slvrldy17, SitHeelSpeak, raffy: I will get in touch with Jeremy and have you added to the list. Is everyone else cool with the titles that they have? If not, let me know and I'll get those changed as well.

Barry: please put a link on the main Puppy site to the forum, that will complete our side of the bargain. Thanks.
Last edited by marksouth2000 on Fri 23 Jun 2006, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#21 Post by Lobster »

With ref to the tiles: I was glad to find that Puppy now has its own Prime Minister. Have we declared independence? There is a LOT of advertising at LQ but they have to pay the bills. Also it will I hope be good for us to mix with some of the other distros there . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

marksouth2000

#22 Post by marksouth2000 »

Lobster wrote:With ref to the tiles: I was glad to find that Puppy now has its own Prime Minister. Have we declared independence?
Puppy itself is a declaration of independence!

Jonh is Prime Minister because he's a minister (his sig says "Reverend") and he's the first one :)
There is a LOT of advertising at LQ but they have to pay the bills. Also it will I hope be good for us to mix with some of the other distros there . . .
You're known by the company you keep.... 8) [/i]

JaDy

#23 Post by JaDy »

Lobster wrote:With ref to the tiles: I was glad to find that Puppy now has its own Prime Minister. Have we declared independence?
marksouth2000 wrote: Puppy itself is a declaration of independence!

Jonh is Prime Minister because he's a minister (his sig says "Reverend") and he's the first one :)
So, as JGD at LQ, I'm "Puppy Prime Minister." Well, that can be fun. Are we starting our own country? I always wanted to start a new country.
PuppyLand?
Felicitations & Facilitations, Rev. John G. Derrickson
Wrote fast. Goofs happen. Tell me.