Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 20:47
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
symbol lookup error: libread
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
chapchap70

PostPosted: Thu 22 Aug 2013, 20:34    Post subject:  symbol lookup error: libread  

While I was trying to put together zynaddsubfx, I ran into a problem that might have to do with incompatibility between Debian (squeeze) and Fatdog64. I don't need the program, I am just trying to learn from a tutorial that PupGeek started a couple of years ago. That thread is now 24 pages so I figured I'd post my problem here. Maybe I should have just installed Puppy 4.21 as per the original post but I wanted to try it with what I was using.

Here is the background of my problem:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=65511&start=344&sid=f03d83fb20098374b4b5f737efed94df

and here is the first page:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=65511

After I downloaded and put in some dependencies,
Code:
# ls
libfftw3-3_3.2.2-1_amd64.deb               libmxml1_2.6-1_amd64.deb
libfltk1.1_1.1.10-2+b1_amd64.deb           usr
libjack-jackd2-0_1.9.6~dfsg.1-2_amd64.deb  zynaddsubfx_2.4.0-1+b1_amd64.deb
liblash2_0.5.4.0-2+b1_amd64.deb
#

I ran the script again and got this error:
Code:
./bin/zynaddsubfx: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.6: undefined symbol: PC

Is it possible that the last dependency I downloaded caused this error or is it safe to assume I got all the necessary files for it to run like PupGeek stated?

I tried replacing the libreadline.so.6.2 files with one from a clean reboot with no savefile but got the same error. (The others were symlinks.) I tried moving the libreadline files to a temporary directory but got the 32 bit error. (I have a /lib32 directory so it was trying to use those libreadline files.)

Is there something that can be done to get this running with FatDog or do I have to use another Puppy? Maybe there is a repository that would work like the original one?

I also tried with Slacko 5.6 by downloading the i386 debian but got a command not found error "undeb" or something like that when trying to run PupGeek's loop. So that one didn't even get me as far. I have other issues with my Slacko installation though.
chapchap70

PostPosted: Thu 22 Aug 2013, 21:30    Post subject: Hmmm. Going to try with no savefile;  

After trying to work through again and getting a cannot open a shared object file, no file or directory but the file is there, I think I did something that caused this and it isn't an incompatibility problem. I'll try this again not using this savefile.

Added:
Nope; Went through it all again. Same result.
jamesbond

PostPosted: Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:08    Post subject:  

chapchap70, most likely the problem is caused because the version of libreadline used by the Debian package isn't compatible with the one that comes with Fatdog64. You can try getting libreadline package from Debian Squeeze and install that to your system to see whether it would work (and whether existing programs aren't affected) --> notably, "bash" (your command shell) uses libreadline so if libreadline goes haywire; so will your command shell Rolling Eyes

Try that using Fatdog sandbox; so if things go wrong you just close the sandbox and everything is well again.

Karl Godt

PostPosted: Fri 23 Aug 2013, 19:25    Post subject:  

Quote:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.6: undefined symbol: PC

Encountered that msg as well once .
Don't know what I had done for it .
Think that it is for compiled another readline, installed the headers and .a and restored Puppy's original.
xorriso probably .
chapchap70

PostPosted: Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:21    Post subject:  

I got the libreadline files from debian and was able to finish the tutorial and run the program, allbeit with some errors showing in the terminal. Thanks guys.
amigo

PostPosted: Mon 02 Sep 2013, 12:53    Post subject:  

Those are 64-bit packages and aren't you running a 32-bit puppy?
chapchap70

PostPosted: Thu 05 Sep 2013, 18:37    Post subject:  

I am running Fatdog64. The reason I referenced a 32bit error is I load a 32 bit SFS in order to use Wine. When I moved the libreadline file(s) to a tmp directory, the script looked for the libreadline in the 32bit directory.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
Jump to: