tahr64 6,0,5

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
rrolsbe

tahr64 6,0,5

#1 Post by rrolsbe »

I am booting from an internal 32GB Nand flash device using the pupsave file from same boot device. Tahr64 is treating this as a normal hard drive and has the save interval greyed out. I would like to have tahr64 treat this Nand flash device as it does a USB flash device. Any easy way to change the configuration to change the pupmode from 12 to 13?

Thanks Very Much in Advance
Regards, Ron

watchdog

#2 Post by watchdog »

Have you tried to boot with boot option "pmedia=ataflash"?

LazY Puppy

#3 Post by LazY Puppy »

init script from initrd.gz of tahr64 6.0.5 wrote: [ "$PMEDIA" = "usbflash" ] && PUPMODE=13 #v404 fix classmate, with internal usb flash.
[ "$PMEDIA" = "ataflash" ] && PUPMODE=13 #w019 constrain writes to internal flash drv.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

rrolsbe

#4 Post by rrolsbe »

watchdog wrote:Have you tried to boot with boot option "pmedia=ataflash"?
THAT WORKED! I could have sworn I tried that option because of the comment in the initrd script. Actually it would be cool to be able to configure the save session on any Nand flash media device including SSD's. Maybe even spinning drives. If using spinning drive, the save interval could be set to 1 minute (of course the save file would need to be mounted as it is when the save file is located on usb flash). This would allow me to boot with save interval to 0 minutes when doing online banking etc. Maybe all of this is possible already, need to experiment!

Thanks Very Much
Regards, Ron