Seamonkey - Check for plug-ins at startup

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

Seamonkey - Check for plug-ins at startup

#1 Post by nic007 »

The browser goes to mozilla webpage whenever I start it to check/update plug-ins. How do I disable this behaviour, I can't find it in preferences?

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

Does it say you have any out-of-date or insecure plugins, or anything it believes should be disabled (like older versions of Java)?

Firefox and Seamonkey have been, for a while, more aggressive about trying to get people to make sure all of their plugins are completely up-to-date.

If everything's up-to-date, not giving you any notices, and it just takes you to Mozilla's web plugin check page on startup... are you sure you don't have it set as your homepage?
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

nic007

#3 Post by nic007 »

Everything is up to date. Seems to be a bug. If I change the home page it will not go to the plug-in page for the next two or three starts but then it will magically appear again after that. The plug-in page it leads to, is more like an info page, reports nothing. This problem has started since changing the home page. Now, even if I change back to the default the problem persists.

nic007

#4 Post by nic007 »

After a few re-starts and a reboot or two, the "problem" seems to have magically disappeared (don't know for how long though). :?

amigo

#5 Post by amigo »

I had that too, recently, for a few weeks, but it finally went away.

nic007

#6 Post by nic007 »

amigo wrote:I had that too, recently, for a few weeks, but it finally went away.
Thanks. At the moment it seems like a hit and miss situation, ie. one hit follows three or so misses. :)