Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 27 Aug 2014, 19:04
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Epson Stylus Tx121 Printer mode non-responding!
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Author Message
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Thu 08 Aug 2013, 09:56    Post subject:  Epson Stylus Tx121 Printer mode non-responding!
Subject description: Epson Stylus Tx121 Printer mode non-responding!
 

Epson StylusTx121(Printer+scanner+copier) Printer mode non-responding!
I found ways to get up with the scanner-mode from here.
(I d/loaded and install epkowa...... and all such)
But in printer-mode,my Epson StylusTX121 even refuses
to print a test-page!

Are any extra drivers needed?

Again-is there any interface that indicates ink-level etc. ?
Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9058
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:46    Post subject:  

...........................

Please report back.

[Edit] No reply. Message deleted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug 2013, 03:09    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
...........................

Please report back.

[Edit] No reply. Message deleted.


I'm sorry,sir.
Idon't understand about what to report?
is it ''lsusb'' report or what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9058
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug 2013, 06:24    Post subject:  

First, did you read How to Install Your Printer/Scanner in Puppy at the top of this thread? It has a link to an all-in-one Epson driver.

However, your TX121 is not included in that package because it needs additional content. Please describe step-by-step exactly what you have done so far to install the printer.

If you have installed its DEB package from the Epson Download Centre, you may get it working by running these commands.
Code:
ln -s /lib/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld-lsb.so.3
chmod 1777 /tmp


What Puppy version are you using?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug 2013, 22:53    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
First, did you read How to Install Your Printer/Scanner in Puppy at the top of this thread? It has a link to an all-in-one Epson driver.

However, your TX121 is not included in that package because it needs additional content. Please describe step-by-step exactly what you have done so far to install the printer.

If you have installed its DEB package from the Epson Download Centre, you may get it working by running these commands.
Code:
ln -s /lib/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld-lsb.so.3
chmod 1777 /tmp


What Puppy version are you using?


I'm using (Saluki)luki-0.2.2(3.2.Cool.

I've installed
1.epson_inkjet_printer_escpr-1.1.0.pet
2.printer-scanner-core-1.pet
3.gutenprint-5.2.7-w5c.pet
4.sane-backends-1.0.22-w52.pet
4.sane-frontends-1.0.14-patched_debian9_bk-w5.pet
5.smbw_cups_backend-1.3.pet
6.foomatic-filters-4.0.7-w5c.pet
7.ghostscript-fonts-8.11-w5c.pet
8.ghostscript-8.15.4-w5c.pet
9.epson_status_monitor-1.0.pet
10.inkgui-0.1.pet

Then tried CUPS inetrface in firefox,which shows nuthin'!
---------------------------------------------------------
Now,what next?
---------------------------------------------------------
Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9058
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon 12 Aug 2013, 00:25    Post subject:  

I can't help you with Saluki. You need to install your printer in a recent Puppy with a proper printing system built-in.

1. Go to the Epson Download Centre

2. Look up your printer and download this file
Code:
epson-inkjet-printer-n10-nx127_1.0.1-1lsb3.2_i386.deb


3. Install it in Puppy by clicking on it.

4. Run the commands I posted above.

5. Run the CUPS setup wizard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Mon 12 Aug 2013, 02:55    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
I can't help you with Saluki. You need to install your printer in a recent Puppy with a proper printing system built-in.

1. Go to the Epson Download Centre

2. Look up your printer and download this file
Code:
epson-inkjet-printer-n10-nx127_1.0.1-1lsb3.2_i386.deb


3. Install it in Puppy by clicking on it.

4. Run the commands I posted above.

5. Run the CUPS setup wizard.


I've already got that.I forgot to mention it.Sorry.
but never tried with the commands,you told.
surely give it a try.
thanx!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9058
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013, 08:52    Post subject:  

Krishnamurti Naskar wrote:
I've already got that.I forgot to mention it. Sorry. but never tried with the commands,you told. surely give it a try.

No reply?

Yours is the first test of an Epson printer that needs a model-specific driver package.

The results would be helpful to other users.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013, 11:24    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
Krishnamurti Naskar wrote:
I've already got that.I forgot to mention it. Sorry. but never tried with the commands,you told. surely give it a try.

No reply?

Yours is the first test of an Epson printer that needs a model-specific driver package.

The results would be helpful to other users.


sorry for bein' late.

The commands didn't work. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9058
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013, 11:32    Post subject:  

Are you still testing in Saluki? I ran some simulated tests with this driver in Slacko 5.6 and I am confident that it works.

Quote:
The commands didn't work

As usual, you need to be more specific.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013, 20:54    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
Are you still testing in Saluki? I ran some simulated tests with this driver in Slacko 5.6 and I am confident that it works.

Quote:
The commands didn't work

As usual, you need to be more specific.



definitely sir,i need 2 B more specific.
Sorry for that.

I am still using saluki.
And have never used Slacko.
if you say that saluki did not have a proper print/spool system
built in it,
i will definitely switch to Slacko, i need printing in my project in the coming days in my Univ.

one quest.----does slacko support .rpm+.deb ,besides .pets ?

becoz i have lots of .deb+.rpm binaries @ my disposal.

thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013, 21:34    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
Are you still testing in Saluki? I ran some simulated tests with this driver in Slacko 5.6 and I am confident that it works.

Quote:
The commands didn't work

As usual, you need to be more specific.


you are tellin' that you used Slacko 5.6,
I got this,

http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-5.6/slacko-5.6-PAE.iso

is it OK ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Krishnamurti Naskar


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Calcutta

PostPosted: Wed 14 Aug 2013, 20:22    Post subject:  

rcrsn51,

I eagerly await your reply,sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9058
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed 14 Aug 2013, 20:25    Post subject:  

I can't pick a Puppy version for you. That's your job. Pick whatever works with your hardware.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0755s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0041s) ][ GZIP on ]