X-precise-2.4 Final

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
rg66

#91 Post by rg66 »

[quote="kickstart"] I can’t double click and drag windows using the touchpad, neither can I drag the sliders on the scroll bar. Everything is fine using a mouse. When I try to use flSynclient to try and change touchpad parameters I get the error message “Couldn’t find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?
X-slacko-5b1 - X-tahr-2.0 - X-precise-2.4
[url=http://smokey01.com/rg66/]X-series repo[/url]

kickstart

#92 Post by kickstart »

Try Xfce's "Mouse and Touchpad" in Control panel > hardware and see if that works.
Tried that already but there doesn't seem to be any adjustment that affects the behaviour I described.

Regarding the problem finding synaptics properties, this is not confined to x-precise, it happens using any of the several different puppy frugal installations I have on this laptop. It also happens when running live sessions from disc with no save file so it looks like a problem deeper in the computer. Running xorgwizard to update xorg.conf has no effect.

Despite this the touchpad works ok in all but X-precise PAE version and X-slacko where it's only the double tap and drag doesn't work. Double tap to open files & folders works fine. In Saluki the touchpad works fine in Xfce.

Have just tried X-precise live CD in my old Pentium 4 laptop and the touchpad and flSynclient work fine so there is definitely something odd going on with my new laptop and not X-precise.

sszindian

fd0 Floppy drive

#93 Post by sszindian »

X-Precise

Everything is already in X-Precise for the 'fd0 floppy drive' to function for those (like myself) who need it.

It's at-

/root/.pup_event/drive_fd0/AppRun

If you click on that, a dialog-box opens allowing you to 'MOUNT' the floppy drive.

After mounting it, click on the small 'Two-Drawer-Icon' in the dialog-box

The files on your floppy drive will display!

To 'UN-MOUNT' the drive, just click again on the-
/root/.pup_event/drive_fd0/AppRun, click on UNMOUNT.

FYI: I dragged the AppRun file out onto the desktop for easier access... looks a little rough (no nice icon) but saves going into the file each time to find it.
--------------------------------------------------
Probably X-Slacko will recognize this also? haven't tried it there.

Now... what would be nice is if someone could put this in- 'File Manager' in the 'DEVICES' list with all the other drives for easy access??? a .pet would be nice! but any instructions on 'How-To' would be a big help. The function for fd0 is there, why not utilize it.

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

baszek

#94 Post by baszek »

Hello
I am using newest lucid 5.7.1, but I really like X-precise with XFCE. Is it possible to copy my save file from lucid 5.7.1 (I have a lot of app installed) to new flash drive with X-precise ?

rg66

#95 Post by rg66 »

@ sszindian

Not sure about how to get the floppy to show in thunar, the drives are handled by pup-volume-monitor. I made a pet for you to try, it puts an icon on the desktop to mount and unmount fd0. Click the icon again to unmount.

Or, you can make a launcher on the desktop and point it to /root/.pup_event/drive_fd0/AppRun
Attachments
mntfd0-1.0.pet
(755 Bytes) Downloaded 347 times
Last edited by rg66 on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 07:45, edited 3 times in total.

rg66

#96 Post by rg66 »

baszek wrote:Hello
I am using newest lucid 5.7.1, but I really like X-precise with XFCE. Is it possible to copy my save file from lucid 5.7.1 (I have a lot of app installed) to new flash drive with X-precise ?
I believe lucid is at 5.28 or do you mean you have precise-5.7.1? Either way, I wouldn't recommend using a save file from a different OS.

sszindian

fd0 floppy drive

#97 Post by sszindian »

rg66:

'Thanks' that little .pet for the fd0 drive does a good job! :wink:

>>>---Indian------>

rg66

Re: fd0 floppy drive

#98 Post by rg66 »

sszindian wrote:'Thanks' that little .pet for the fd0 drive does a good job! :wink:
I've updated the mount fd0 pet to work a little better.

sszindian

fd0

#99 Post by sszindian »

rg66:

The new .pet for the fd0 drive... nice, the only thing noticable is it unmounts itself when the file is closed... anything else?

>>>---Indian------>

rg66

Re: fd0

#100 Post by rg66 »

sszindian wrote:The new .pet for the fd0 drive... nice, the only thing noticable is it unmounts itself when the file is closed... anything else?
Not sure what you mean, when the file manager is closed or when a file off of fd0 is closed?

sszindian

fd0

#101 Post by sszindian »

Hmmm... my mistake, the file requires another click on your desktop fd0 .pet icon to unmount after closing the file dialog box. (not used to watching for that flash-notice up in the r/h corner yet :oops: )

FYI... the fd0 .pet above works for x-Slacko also!

>>>---Indian------>

rg66

Re: fd0

#102 Post by rg66 »

sszindian wrote:Hmmm... my mistake, the file requires another click on your desktop fd0 .pet icon to unmount after closing the file dialog box. (not used to watching for that flash-notice up in the r/h corner yet :oops: )

FYI... the fd0 .pet above works for x-Slacko also!

>>>---Indian------>
I thought I mentioned you have to use the same icon to unmount, sorry.

Ya, I actually made it in X-slacko and tried it in both.

drgonz047

#103 Post by drgonz047 »

hello
first of all I must say that xprecise is something different and I like it very much, but (there is always a but)
everytime i try to install a pet from web or from package manager my xpup crashes :(
it goes in text mode and it stops working, only thing to do is to turn it off.
i realy nead Inkscape on my puppy and vlc player, i tried booting precise 7.5.1 cd with xprecise save file and install packages and it works but when i boot in xprecise desktop is gone, no icons no nothing just a gray background

rg66

#104 Post by rg66 »

drgonz047 wrote:hello
first of all I must say that xprecise is something different and I like it very much, but (there is always a but)
everytime i try to install a pet from web or from package manager my xpup crashes :(
it goes in text mode and it stops working, only thing to do is to turn it off.
i realy nead Inkscape on my puppy and vlc player, i tried booting precise 7.5.1 cd with xprecise save file and install packages and it works but when i boot in xprecise desktop is gone, no icons no nothing just a gray background
I added some stuff to petget, a file overwrite warning and a dep check. One of them is causing petget to hang randomly and lock up the desktop. Ironically, I'm working on that right this moment and will hopefully solve the issue (so far so good).

In the mean time, download the installpkg.sh.gz below and extract it to /usr/local/petget and see if that fixes the problem. Make sure it's executable after extracting. Right click on it and select "make executable".

I wouldn't recommend using precise with X-precise savefile, one uses jwm/rox and the other Xfce/thunar as well as lots of other changes. When you used it in precise it must have added some stuff to make X-precise break. X-precise-2.2 should be out in the next few days with some bug fixes.
Attachments
installpkg.sh.gz
(9.31 KiB) Downloaded 351 times

drgonz047

#105 Post by drgonz047 »

it works :) nice thank you
finaly puppy to recommend :)
on other laptop i have trouble with a Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN Card => RT2560f chipit acts like it-s turned off and there is no off/on switch like on some laptops
Last edited by drgonz047 on Sat 12 Oct 2013, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

Marv

#106 Post by Marv »

rg66 wrote:
I added some stuff to petget, a file overwrite warning and a dep check. One of them is causing petget to hang randomly and lock up the desktop. Ironically, I'm working on that right this moment and will hopefully solve the issue (so far so good).

In the mean time, download the installpkg.sh.gz below and extract it to /usr/local/petget and see if that fixes the problem. Make sure it's executable after extracting. Right click on it and select "make executable".
Tried the above in x-slacko 1.0 non-PAE. Seems to fix the blowups on pet installs there too. I flogged it quite mercilessly chasing and adding libraries to an emendo pet and it both installed the pets and found dependencies ok.

Thanks,
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

rg66

#107 Post by rg66 »

Marv wrote:Tried the above in x-slacko 1.0 non-PAE. Seems to fix the blowups on pet installs there too. I flogged it quite mercilessly chasing and adding libraries to an emendo pet and it both installed the pets and found dependencies ok.

Thanks,
Hmmm, I didn't get that in X-slacko. If it's doing it there I need to change the installpkg.sh as well. Looks like it was the file clobber overwrite check that I borrowed from lina.

yr1945

#108 Post by yr1945 »

re: xprecise 2.1.1...................

I can print with my wireless printer (hp deskjet 3510) on my toshiba laptop (a135-s4527) but cannot scan a document with simple scan, peasyscan, or xsane scanner. I have loaded the current driver (hplip_scan_3.13.7.pet). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

rcrsn51

#109 Post by rcrsn51 »

yr1945 wrote:but cannot scan a document with simple scan, peasyscan, or xsane scanner. I have loaded the current driver (hplip_scan_3.13.7.pet).
In the past, what procedures have you used to set up network scanning in other Puppies?

I just installed X-Precise-2.1.1 with hplip_scan_3.13.9.pet. Using Peasyscan, I set up network scanning to an HP unit. It worked correctly.

Connect your DJ 3510 directly by USB and test.

yr1945

#110 Post by yr1945 »

@rcrsn51... yea, I can scan by connecting my USB. I have not tried to scan with other "puppies". I have not taken any "set-up" actions for scanning other than loading the driver. What additional steps should I take to enable wireless scanning? Thank you for your support.