X-precise-2.4 Final

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
rg66

#151 Post by rg66 »

step wrote:Non-PAE delta still in your plan? No pressure and thanks.
Yes, the v2.2-non-pae ISO and v2.1.1-non-pae > v2.2-non-pae delta have been uploaded here

Many thanks to vicmz and ally for hosting the pae ISO, I'll upload it eventually.
Last edited by rg66 on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
X-slacko-5b1 - X-tahr-2.0 - X-precise-2.4
[url=http://smokey01.com/rg66/]X-series repo[/url]

rg66

#152 Post by rg66 »

giannis4 wrote:I want to use a keyboard language layout switcher and add it to the panel but I have no idea how to do this.I ve downloaded xxkb_1.11 from the PPM but nothing happens.In puppy precise 5.7.1 was too easy to do this.
But I like very much the xfce and since I want to use 3 languages to write(English,Greek and Russian) it would be great if anybody can help me to sort this problem out.
Thank you in advance.
I tried and failed to compile the Xfce keyboard plugin to switch layout.

The only thing I could say to try is to go to /usr/share/applications and open mouse/keyboard wizard in geany and change NoDisplay=true to NoDisplay=false, it will show up in Control Panel under system. You could also change Categories=X-Setup-wizard to Categories=System to have it in the apps menu.

You could also make a launcher on the panel to launch it without editing the .desktop file, use input-wizard as the exec.

giannis4

#153 Post by giannis4 »

Thank you very much.I did what you said to me and now I use the layouts I want and I even have a language indicator with the flags on my panel.You did a great job.

bark_bark_bark

#154 Post by bark_bark_bark »

where is the devx and kernel source of 2.2 non-pae

mahmut

Keyboard Shortcuts doesn't work

#155 Post by mahmut »

hi rg66 i am using xprecise but my keyboard shortcuts keys ex. mute key doesn't work.windows key,fn key,wireless key anything.how to solve this problem?

yr1945

#156 Post by yr1945 »

hello rg66, my 7yr old laptop (toshiba / a135-s4527) will not suspend with xprecise v2.2... what action can i take to make it suspend? Thank you for all your hard work!!! It is appreciated!!!

rg66

#157 Post by rg66 »

bark_bark_bark wrote:where is the devx and kernel source of 2.2 non-pae
http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/precis ... _5.7.1.sfs

See this page for kernel source http://puppylinux.com/download near the bottom

rg66

#158 Post by rg66 »

yr1945 wrote:hello rg66, my 7yr old laptop (toshiba / a135-s4527) will not suspend with xprecise v2.2... what action can i take to make it suspend? Thank you for all your hard work!!! It is appreciated!!!
Suspend works on my desktop and I'm pretty sure my lappy as well but I'll test again.

Run acpitool -s from the terminal and see if it suspends, if it does it's probably something in /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what to do. On one of my laptops acpitool hangs and I haven't found a fix.

Edit: If acpitool -s doesn't work try from terminal: echo mem > /sys/power/state
Last edited by rg66 on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

rg66

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts doesn't work

#159 Post by rg66 »

mahmut wrote:hi rg66 i am using xprecise but my keyboard shortcuts keys ex. mute key doesn't work.windows key,fn key,wireless key anything.how to solve this problem?
What kind of laptop is it? There might be something in the repo to make the keys work. I'll test on my laptop and see if any of the keys work.

yr1945

#160 Post by yr1945 »

rg66 wrote:
yr1945 wrote:hello rg66, my 7yr old laptop (toshiba / a135-s4527) will not suspend with xprecise v2.2... what action can i take to make it suspend? Thank you for all your hard work!!! It is appreciated!!!
Suspend works on my desktop and I'm pretty sure my lappy as well but I'll test again.

Run acpitool -s from the terminal and see if it suspends, if it does it's probably something in /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what to do. On one of my laptops acpitool hangs and I haven't found a fix.

Edit: If acpitool -s doesn't work try from terminal: echo mem > /sys/power/state

rg66... Thank you for the above input... RE: /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script... I deleted "sleep.sh" in x-precise 2.2 and replaced it with a copy of the "sleep.sh" from x-precise 2.1.1... I can now suspend my laptop with the shutdown-gui or by closing the lid.

Thank you once again for pointing me in the right direction.

rg66

#161 Post by rg66 »

yr1945 wrote:rg66... Thank you for the above input... RE: /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script... I deleted "sleep.sh" in x-precise 2.2 and replaced it with a copy of the "sleep.sh" from x-precise 2.1.1... I can now suspend my laptop with the shutdown-gui or by closing the lid.

I added a desktop fix to remember the last powermode in sleep.sh but all of that is after acpitool -s, weird.

Can you get the 2.2 sleep.sh from the ISO, change #! /bin/bash to #! /bin/bash -x and run it from the terminal and see where it stops?

yr1945

#162 Post by yr1945 »

rg66 wrote:
yr1945 wrote:rg66... Thank you for the above input... RE: /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script... I deleted "sleep.sh" in x-precise 2.2 and replaced it with a copy of the "sleep.sh" from x-precise 2.1.1... I can now suspend my laptop with the shutdown-gui or by closing the lid.

I added a desktop fix to remember the last powermode in sleep.sh but all of that is after acpitool -s, weird.

Can you get the 2.2 sleep.sh from the ISO, change #! /bin/bash to #! /bin/bash -x and run it from the terminal and see where it stops?

rg66...see attachment below... I believe I did it correctly... I hope this helps.....
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(77.5 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

rg66

#163 Post by rg66 »

yr1945 wrote:rg66...see attachment below... I believe I did it correctly... I hope this helps.....
Yes, you did it correctly. It exited the script because there was a suspend file in /tmp. If you could do it again but make sure there is no suspend file in /tmp first, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

yr1945

#164 Post by yr1945 »

rg66, I deleted the suspend file from temp folder... added -x to top line in sleep.sh file... and ran the updated sleep.sh file in the terminal... the results are in the screen shot below...

rg66

#165 Post by rg66 »

@ yr1945

It looks like your using a cable connection. The old one worked because of some typo's and it bypassed the frisbee stuff.

I've made another one to try, if you're on cable it bypasses the frisbee stuff but not on wireless. Make sure it's executable.

Some feedback from wireless users would help as well.
Attachments
sleep.sh.gz
(500 Bytes) Downloaded 276 times

yr1945

#166 Post by yr1945 »

rg66........

I’m not sure why, but the reworked sleep.sh file that you sent me did not fix the problem.

At this point, I want to make you aware of two things: 1) My toshiba laptop is connected to the internet via my wireless router. 2) I stumbled across a peculiar situation. When I first boot and the Quick Setup window appears (country, timezone, etc), the Suspend Function works just fine. However, immediately after I set the country, timezone, etc and hit the OK button, a window appears for me to set up the internet connection... it’s at this point that the Suspend Function no longer works. I went through the same steps 3 times to validate this is where the problem begins.

Anyway, you are definitely right, the problem has something to do with my internet connection. Therefore, you should not WASTE any more of your time trying to sort this out... especially, since it may be unique to my laptop/router and workarounds exist for me (eg, replace the sleep.sh file with the one from v2.1.1 OR use the terminal command “acpitool -s

ztealmax

X-Precise-2.2

#167 Post by ztealmax »

Hi great work tried it out in VirtualBox looks sweet :D

However i cant get it to work on my realpc
it starts up normaly detects network etc but when it starts
X the graphics are garbled, just a side note have same problem on
Precise-Puppy 5.7.1 but not on 5.6.

Code: Select all

AMD A10 64-Bit cpu
AMD Radeon graphics
8Gb RAM
any idea how this could be fixed?

Sincerally
Martin aka Ztealmax

baszek

#168 Post by baszek »

I am using now X-precise - everything works grate, but I have one problem. I have two sound cards and I dont know how to switch to the other sound card (to be default output device). In normal precise 5.7.1 there is some tool in menu to switch sound cards. I tried to install pavucontrol from PPM (ubuntu users wrote that this is the only easy way to switch it), but it does not work after install.

I have also one other simple question - how to run xfce4-extra-panel-plugins ? I have installed it but I dont know how to run it - I was searching in /usr/bin but could not find it.
Last edited by baszek on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 09:12, edited 2 times in total.

rg66

Re: X-Precise-2.2

#169 Post by rg66 »

ztealmax wrote:Hi great work tried it out in VirtualBox looks sweet :D

However i cant get it to work on my realpc
it starts up normaly detects network etc but when it starts
X the graphics are garbled, just a side note have same problem on
Precise-Puppy 5.7.1 but not on 5.6.

Code: Select all

AMD A10 64-Bit cpu
AMD Radeon graphics
8Gb RAM
any idea how this could be fixed?

Sincerally
Martin aka Ztealmax
If you get the initial boot splash hit F1 and type puppy pfix=nox and run xorgwizard to see if you can get it working.

If you use grub4dos add pfix=nox to the kernel line in menu.lst and run xorgwizard, if you get your video working you can remove it.

rg66

#170 Post by rg66 »

baszek wrote:I am using now X-precise - everything works grate, but I have one problem. I have two sound cards and I dont know how to switch to the other sound card (to be default output device). In normal precise 5.7.1 there is some tool in menu to switch sound cards. I tried to install pavucontrol from PPM (ubuntu users wrote that this is the only easy way to switch it), but it does not work after install.

I have also one other simple question - how to run xfce4-extra-panel-plugins ? I have installed it but I dont know how to run it - I was searching in /usr/bin but could not find it.
Right click on xfce-mixer control (speaker) in panel and click properties, it should let you choose a sound card. Or, there is a Multiple sound card wizard in Control Panel > System. In hind sight it should have been in Hardware not System.

To use the extra panel plugins, right click on the panel and choose Panel > Add new items... and they will be in the list.