Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 01:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Graphics
LightZone photo editing program
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
aen

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jul 2013, 13:51    Post subject:  LightZone photo editing program  

Lightzone by Lightcraft recently went open source. On this forum, there are some old posts about people running this program in Puppy.

I have been running GIMP and fotoxx (in Puppy 528) - both great software but without the current sophistication of Lightzone which is a java application.

I would love to be able to run Lightzone so I would not need to boot into Windows.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated, but an .sfs, or .pet file would be absolutely the greatest.
dancytron

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jul 2013, 14:38    Post subject:  

Below is a direct links to the .deb files for precise and lucid. Might work. You can surf around from there if you want to try another versions.

I haven't tested this or anything. It just gets you past the apt-get stuff.

I'll try it later.

Precise

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ktgw0316:/LightZone/xUbuntu_12.04/i386/

Lucid

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ktgw0316:/LightZone/xUbuntu_10.04/i386/

edit: I just tried it on my remastered version of Precise 5.4x7 with java sfs jre-1.7u10-i586.sfs and it worked.

edit again: works in lupu 5.28 also with same java sfs jre-1.7u10-i586.sfs.
aen

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jul 2013, 09:48    Post subject:  

THANK YOU dancytron - followed your link for Lucid - works great w/java - jre-6u22-Lucid sfs4.sfs as well. This is a great example of why I don't stray from Puppy!!
dancytron

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jul 2013, 12:41    Post subject:  

Your welcome.

Usually when some software gives instructions for Ubuntu to use apt-get to install something, you can look at the commands and figure out how to download the .deb file over the web and install it in Puppy by just clicking on it.
musher0

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jul 2013, 22:19    Post subject:  

Hi, aen.

Perhaps add a "[solved]" in your title to indicate that you're satisfied with the solution?

Just a thought. Best regards.

musher0

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Graphics
Jump to: