Can't find /user/bin/X11R6/X after remastering 1.0.9CE (Solv

Using applications, configuring, problems
darkerror05

Can't find /user/bin/X11R6/X after remastering 1.0.9CE (Solv

#1 Post by darkerror05 »

im useing 1.09ce. I configerd my running livecd how i like(added dotpups and used pupbegone on some progs). I tried to use the alienx remaster script. I then burned the iso. The cd boots but it gives me an error saying that it cant find /user/bin/X11R6/X or that the cd couldn't mount usrcram.fs to /usr. then it puts me into that cutdown shell. I figured out that /usr/bin/x11r6/x is there so i think it has to do with the usrcram.fs file. Oh and the original puppy 1.09 boots great on that comp. Anyone know what i did wrong or how to fix it?

raffy

4X

#2 Post by raffy »

Most likely a CD-burning problem. Try burning at 4X or 2X speed (slow burning).

John Doe

#3 Post by John Doe »

Or your image is too big and you are running out of ram.

darkerror05

goofy.16

#4 Post by darkerror05 »

when i use the script i get the error "cp: cannot stat `/mnt/cdrom/goofy.16': No such file or directory" is this a problem?

Nathan F

#5 Post by Nathan F »

The scripts date back a few versions, to when goofy16 used to be in there. It was the image that was displayed with the boot menu. Shouldn't harm anything not having it in there, but I wonder what else might be amiss with the script all things considered. I seem to recall someone just released an update to the AlienX scripts so you'd probably have better luck if you can track that info down, or maybe try BarryK's CreateCustomPuppy script.

I can't tell you anything more specific, I always use unleashed when I want to customize Puppy.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Dougal

#6 Post by Dougal »

What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

darkerror05

#7 Post by darkerror05 »

i tried the new script and it didn't help. I do recommend to whoever is in contol of puppy 1.09
i would recommend to upgrade the alienx script to the new one its much nicer. When i try to
boot in only in ramdisk i get a bunch of errors after it puts usr_cram.fs into / (the ramdisk) . the errors say thing like"cp: writing /root/.xfincance no room left on device" and there are many of these errors with different files(i think they are mostly from /root). After these errors stop then it just said "password:" If anyone has any ideas that would be great. Oh and i use pupbegone to uninstall some programs in puppy i dont know if that can create a problem. Any help is appriciated.

darkerror05

#8 Post by darkerror05 »

ok i've solved the problem. The computer i used just didnt have enough ram(wow thats a stupid mistake). I found this out by testing the cd on a different computer with 265 megs ram. But what i don't get is why a remaster should take more ram. The usr_cram.fs for the remaster is 51 megs while the original is around 54. And the iso for the remaster is 63 megs vs 64 of the original. Shouldn't this mean that it should take less ram. Anyone have any idea how to fix this. The origanal puppy works in only ram mode so why doesn't the remaster work? Any ideas?