Legacy OS 2.1 iso coming soon

News, happenings
john biles

Legacy OS 2.1 iso coming soon

#1 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone,
I originally posted that Legacy OS 2.1 update would come as a tar.gz package to update Legacy OS 2 to 2.1 and there'd be no iso.

With what I want to do for this release I've decided to release an iso instead.

Development has been going on slowly refining and fixing small bugs and updating some apps, adding new and removing others.

I'd say I'm 80% of the way there and my desire to develop has returned after doing projects outside of computing.

This release refines the desktop look and provides an extra few years of usability to PC's currently using Legacy OS 2.

The basic underlying system remains the same so those looking for current Kernels etc don't waste your time downloading the iso when released. If previous versions of Legacy OS 2 series don't work with your hardware, this release won't either. There's enough derivatives built from current Puppy releases for those looking for such things.
Last edited by john biles on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

AbdelAziz

#2 Post by AbdelAziz »

Good news,
iso file is always better for users to burn.

john biles

#3 Post by john biles »

Hello those interested,
Legacy OS 2 Series is about evolution. Refining a concept and improving it.
For those who may not know it, Legacy OS is developed by me alone and doesn't have the resources for major updates between releases. This means my focus is on changes that try and make the Legacy OS 2 Series still relevant in the ever changing world of technology while allowing Legacy OS to bring to users of Pentium 3 & 4 Processors a usable Operating System for most of todays requirements.
This is a Screen Shot of the proposed default Desktop for version 2.1 expect small changes before release. It takes off where version 2 finished. I feel it's a step in the right direction.
Attachments
Legacy OS 2.1 Desktop.jpg
(26.7 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.