How to use ANKI flashcard program in Precise 5.6? (Solved)

Programs intended to teach, or to help one learn or study a specific subject - this includes educational games.
Semme

#16 Post by Semme »

You gotta hold on.. There's a Python error. I'll need some time..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

ulock

#17 Post by ulock »

Semme wrote:You gotta hold on.. There's a Python error. I'll need some time..
no problem, take your time

Semme

#18 Post by Semme »

I'm struggling. You'll have to wait or have someone else answer.. It's NOT prime-time for Slacko 14.0.

*Considering Slacko runs like a slug on my box >> PASS. Too many gay-ass libs for this cat's blood.
Attachments
README.gz
(546 Bytes) Downloaded 822 times
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

giannis4

#19 Post by giannis4 »

Hi @ulock.I 've succeeded to install anki. So, first thing you need to do is open up PPM and search for sip and PyQT and install them both. PyQT is going to take some while, wait until everything is finished.
Then you need to go to Anki's homepage and download Anki Source.Save the .tgz file where you want and then extract it.

Before you continue further make sure you have installed devx for your puppy.

After that you need to open up a terminal and change to the Anki's directory. Mine was cd /mnt/home/anki-2.0.28
your's might be different.
Next thing to do is to type this command:
make install

You 'll take this error as I did myself but I ignored it:make: *** [install] Error 1

So, now the last thing you need to do is to type this command:

./runanki

exactly as it is and anki should run.
Aften you close anki and if you want to run it again you can do that by just typing on the terminal the command anki

ulock

#20 Post by ulock »

Hi giannis4,

Thank you for your effort. I have tried to do the exact steps that you recommended but when I entered the command "./runanki" I got an error massage (see attached image). Really strange behavior because "sip" was installed. I will have more time on weekend to play with that but anyway do you have any suggestions what is wrong?
Attachments
Screenshot1_2014-08-20_211247.png
(35.16 KiB) Downloaded 950 times

ulock

#21 Post by ulock »

I have tried to reinstall "sip" and everything started to work perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help!

giannis4

#22 Post by giannis4 »

My pleasure that I helped you. Take care.