How to use full resolution of old Sony HDTV in Lucid 528?

Booting, installing, newbie
ralphlongo1975

How to use full resolution of old Sony HDTV in Lucid 528?

#1 Post by ralphlongo1975 »

I've been using Puppy for many, many years now on and off, I have always loved it but I am not always smart enough to get it to do what I want. When my fiance and I got a second hand HDTV (older CRT) from her mother I was exited about using Puppy as both a computer and a HTPC. I have two very beginner questions, admittedly I have only researched one very long, the other was just a rudimentary search so I am sorry if that is easily located and I just did not.

1) My tv as a monitor is not supported it seems. It will only run at 640x480 and this is producing some issues. I figure that I may not be able to force it to do anything, I figured I would ask though.

2) is it possible to get a DVD to autoplay? I have downloaded VLC but it did not autoplay out of the box so to speak. (This is not a huge issue, just one that if there is an answer to it would be nice)

Possible relevant info:
OS- Lucid 528.004 alt, mounted on sandisk usb
Computer- Dell Optiplex 360 with 2.5 dual core
Video card- ATI Radeon X1300 128MB DDR2 PCI Express (downloaded the xorg-high drivers)
Ram- 1.5G pc2-5300
TV- Sony Trinitron KV-40XBR800

Thank you so much even if there is not an answer that I want to hear. One of these days I'll have a newer tv and it should be fine at that point I was just hoping this one would be ok.

postfs1

#2 Post by postfs1 »

I don't know, maybe "Lighthouse" can help.

:arrow:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 201#164201

ralphlongo1975

#3 Post by ralphlongo1975 »

I had not really thought to try other derivatives, I figured they would all have similar hardware profiles. Maybe a different or older version would indeed work for my purposes. Thanks for the reply!

P.S. Thanks also to the Mod who changed my title. I don't remember what the original was but this one makes a ton of sense given the subject :D

P.S.S. I did more research on the DVD movie autoplay and came up empty (the question I had not researched too much.) Is this because the drive is not automatically mounted so it won't read it until it is and having it autoplay at that point would be kind of pointless?