Mediafire for file hosting

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
toowoombalinux

Mediafire for file hosting

#1 Post by toowoombalinux »

G'day,
I've used Mediafire for around 4 years (I pay a low monthly subscription - good bandwidth, download speeds and direct download link) and never once has a file been deleted. Mediafire has a free account that has 50GBs storage - maximum of 200mbs file size - and I logged into an older free account that I had and no file had been deleted even after 3 years being inactive. Only down side is the few ads downloaders get when it's from a free account....
I have no association with Mediafire other than being a happy customer.

Cheers
Martin

musher0

Re: Mediafire for file hosting

#2 Post by musher0 »

toowoombalinux wrote:G'day,
I've used Mediafire for around 4 years (I pay a low monthly subscription - good bandwidth, download speeds and direct download link) and never once has a file been deleted. Mediafire has a free account that has 50GBs storage - maximum of 200mbs file size - and I logged into an older free account that I had and no file had been deleted even after 3 years being inactive. Only down side is the few ads downloaders get when it's from a free account....
I have no association with Mediafire other than being a happy customer.

Cheers
Martin
Hi.

Aren't they the ones who got raided by the Feds recently for hosting illegal stuff?

Regards.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

toowoombalinux

#3 Post by toowoombalinux »

Just did a news search on that subject - only megauploads came up - no reference to Mediafire .... but I may just be a crap searcher... as long as ppl don't rename their files "complete-collection_mp3_One-Direction" or "juicy_pets-xxx" I think the majority of files uploaded from Puppians should pass any inspection...

Cheers
Martin