Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 23 Oct 2014, 04:23
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Mediafire for file hosting
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
toowoombalinux

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jun 2013, 06:51    Post subject:  Mediafire for file hosting  

G'day,
I've used Mediafire for around 4 years (I pay a low monthly subscription - good bandwidth, download speeds and direct download link) and never once has a file been deleted. Mediafire has a free account that has 50GBs storage - maximum of 200mbs file size - and I logged into an older free account that I had and no file had been deleted even after 3 years being inactive. Only down side is the few ads downloaders get when it's from a free account....
I have no association with Mediafire other than being a happy customer.

Cheers
Martin
musher0

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:15    Post subject: Re: Mediafire for file hosting  

toowoombalinux wrote:
G'day,
I've used Mediafire for around 4 years (I pay a low monthly subscription - good bandwidth, download speeds and direct download link) and never once has a file been deleted. Mediafire has a free account that has 50GBs storage - maximum of 200mbs file size - and I logged into an older free account that I had and no file had been deleted even after 3 years being inactive. Only down side is the few ads downloaders get when it's from a free account....
I have no association with Mediafire other than being a happy customer.

Cheers
Martin

Hi.

Aren't they the ones who got raided by the Feds recently for hosting illegal stuff?

Regards.

musher0

toowoombalinux

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jun 2013, 03:43    Post subject:  

Just did a news search on that subject - only megauploads came up - no reference to Mediafire .... but I may just be a crap searcher... as long as ppl don't rename their files "complete-collection_mp3_One-Direction" or "juicy_pets-xxx" I think the majority of files uploaded from Puppians should pass any inspection...

Cheers
Martin
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Jump to: