GNU Compiler Engineer - 1594
Req ID: 1594
Work Location: XX - Remote Location - North America
Posting Title: GNU Compiler Engineer - 1594
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: GNU Compiler Engineer - 1594
Job Location: US - Remote
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
This position can be located at any location worldwide, either at a Mentor office or as a remote worker.
* Port the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and related tools (including the GNU Binary Utilities and the GNU Debugger) to new processors.
* Develop Statements of Work and schedule estimates from customer requirements.
* Contribute improvements to the official Free Software Foundation repository.
* As part of the Tools Services team, work with others to develop improvements to GCC and related tools to support new architectures, to generate superior code, and to add support for new processors.
* Work with Mentor sales force to gather customer requirements for engineering projects and develop project proposals and estimates.
* Correct defects in the GNU Compiler Collection reported by customers and discovered through internal testing.6) Coaching of team members to resolve issues and remove roadblocks
Required Knowledge & Experience
* Academic and/or industrial experience developing real-world compilers (whether GCC or otherwise) and related tools. Knowledge of computer science related to compilers including topics such as parsers, abstract syntax trees, control-flow and data-flow graphs, and static single assignment (SSA) form.
* Experience developing Statements of Work and estimating project schedules.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
* A proven track record of GCC development.
* Previous contribution to any open-source project.
* An ability to collaborate effectively, and largely by electronic means, with a software engineering team distributed around the globe.
* A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.