Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 20 Nov 2014, 17:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Linux Audio - Sample / Mixing / Layering?
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Smithy

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jun 2013, 03:08    Post subject:  

Quote:
maybe what i'm looking for (basically Audacity with real time effects) just isn't available on linux as it seems to leep from Audacity to full fledged Audio workstations with nothing inbetween Sad

Well that's your perogative R-S-H, but it is an example of coding (imo) that is well executed in both form, function and design, design, design.

I don't think things will change unless a programmer writes down what they need something to do, build it, and then find a graphic designer partner to put the front end look on it and make some suggestions.
Something that is not often found in Linux apps. Hydrogen and Ardour being the exceptions.

I have no idea why Audacity cannot do realtime fx inserts or why that clunky loop button doesn't stay on when you hit it, but it's been like that for millennia.
R-S-H

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jun 2013, 09:37    Post subject:  

Smithy wrote:
Quote:

maybe what i'm looking for (basically Audacity with real time effects) just isn't available on linux as it seems to leep from Audacity to full fledged Audio workstations with nothing inbetween Sad

Well that's your perogative R-S-H, but it is an example of coding (imo) that is well executed in both form, function and design, design, design.

I don't think things will change unless a programmer writes down what they need something to do, build it, and then find a graphic designer partner to put the front end look on it and make some suggestions.
Something that is not often found in Linux apps. Hydrogen and Ardour being the exceptions.

I have no idea why Audacity cannot do realtime fx inserts or why that clunky loop button doesn't stay on when you hit it, but it's been like that for millennia.

Hi Smithy.

It's not a part of a post of mine that you have been quoting here. It is a part of a post by stu91. Just want to let you know. Wink

toowoombalinux

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jun 2013, 05:34    Post subject:  

Hi all,
Was a good question that I had never asked myself - all my audio processing has been either compromised (audacity) or has sunk me into a black hole of lost time (ardour). I never thought to look for software that could insert realtime fx into a single stream.. until now!
http://www.wavosaur.com/
Seems to work perfectly in Wine

Cheers
Martin
Page 2 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: