Unable to use SIP with jitsi in Puppy

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
umair

Unable to use SIP with jitsi in Puppy

#1 Post by umair »

Hello everyone, I am using a jitsi from last week or so for my different accounts i.e. yahoo, msn, face boot etc.. works superbly. the problem which I am facing is that refer to the link : http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 50&t=82047

Now have a trouble to configure jitsi for SIP (iptel.org Account) at home where I am using direct internet connection.I successfully logged into sip account on my office PC (Where we use proxy server for internet). Really cant understand why this is happening, dont have any idea. I m posting here as searched alot on net but no success. I m posting the screenshot too.
If somebody have a solution or link thn pls share
thnx in advance.
UMAIR
Attachments
4.jpg
(16.17 KiB) Downloaded 802 times
Last edited by umair on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 08:47, edited 2 times in total.

umair

Re: jitsi in puppy linux

#2 Post by umair »

umair wrote:Hello everyone, I am using a jitsi from lsat week or so for my diffrent accounts i.e. yahoo, msn, face boot etc.. works superbly. the problem which I am facing is that refer to the link : http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 50&t=82047

Now have a trouble to configure jitsi for SIP (iptel.org Account) at home where I am using direct internet connection.I successfully logged into sip account on my office PC (Where we use proxy server for internet). Really cant understand why this is happening, dont have any idea. I m posting here as searched alot on net but no success. I m posting the screenshot too.
If somebody have a solution or link thn pls share
thnx in advance.
UMAIR
Updated 12-oct-2013
Hello Every One.
It is confirmed that the lates Jitsi VOIP protocol (RPM version 2.0.2) is working in PHAT Slacko. I just downloaded the rpm package from jitsi website and installed it. Everything works perfectly. :)
here is the screen shot: ;-)
Attachments
capture2.jpg
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 776 times

phredo

jitsi for non-pae slacko?

#3 Post by phredo »

How can I get this jitsi pet or sfs to work on my non-pae slacko 5.6? That is, what do I have to install first? I'm pretty new to linux so you will need to speak as if to a child! I have, however, managed to get tor and truecrypt working.

efiabruni

#4 Post by efiabruni »

Hey,
do you know how to install a sfs file? Open quickpet and download the JRE.sfs (Java Runtime). Download the jitsi sfs from the forum. Move both to /mnt/home. Find "load sfs on the fly" in the menu and load the JRE and jitsi sfs. jitsi will have a menu entry in the category internet.

It is much easier than tor :)

phredo

#5 Post by phredo »

Thanks. I downloaded both sfs files and used "sfs load on the fly", and I seem to have jitsi running although I'm on vacation for a few days and haven't had time to add an account, etc.

I'm still a bit unclear abou the differences between loading sfs and puppy packages, but I'll try to educate myself more. What I did was place the sfs files in the home directory, outside of puppy, with the idea of using them as I want them and not having them be part of the save file.

Thanks again.