Manna OS-3.4

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

#31 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have uploaded Manna Bible Software 3.3 get it here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566

It comes with the WEB bible and a Parallel Bible with the KJV and WEB
Last edited by oldyeller on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

oldyeller

#32 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have done a menu update for the lxpanel menu so that the Menu entries for the Manna programs will show up in the Document Menu.

Enjoy
Attachments
lxpanelmenu-0.1.pet
Updates the lxpanel menu with the Manna Programs in Document.
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

oldyeller

#33 Post by oldyeller »

removed post

oldyeller

#34 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I will be doing a new Manna OS once I get Manna Bible Software updated. Recoded it so that I will be able to continue to add resources to it. As it is right now it will be limited to how much I can add. So Lord willing it will before June.

Cheers

butchydave

Manna OS

#35 Post by butchydave »

:lol: I run a couple of your distros.I am running your 5.7.1 as my current goto Pup. Your (i guess) 528 has been on a 8g USB stick for a long..long time. Please continue your good work!
Thanks!!

oldyeller

Re: Manna OS

#36 Post by oldyeller »

butchydave wrote::lol: I run a couple of your distros.I am running your 5.7.1 as my current goto Pup. Your (i guess) 528 has been on a 8g USB stick for a long..long time. Please continue your good work!
Thanks!!
HI butchydave It was BarryK who did 5.7.1. It was 01micko and playdayz who did lupu 528, I did a couple of remasters with 528 BiblePup and Manna.

@Everyone this build is going to be almost a barebones so if there is something you would like to have in there better let me know now.

It will Manna 3.4 when I get it done, gimp, vlc, qt, libreOffice, java and some other bible programs, multimedia-player and all programs for settings. There will be more on programs once the Beta comes out.

Cheers

oldyeller

#37 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I am in the works of building a non-pae of Manna OS 3.4 as it stands right now it is 472mb without any of Manna Bible Software. As a non-pae how big would you want it to be?

I have put in LibreOffice, qt, vlc, jre, gimp; I can remove LibreOffice which is almost 200mb. Let me know how big this should for a non-pae. If no response about this by next Friday there will be no non-pae.

Cheers

gcmartin

#38 Post by gcmartin »

oldyeller wrote:Hello Everyone, ... how big this should for a non-pae.
Just an idea for your consideration.

In today's world of communications, download ISO size is of little concern. We have moved from the old 'dial-up' size concern, for the most part, to one of functionality.

You may want to consider what several/many of the developers have already done: namely, issue an opening post statement of the minimal platform they know their distro will perform on. The functionality and the minimum recommendation has the most meaningful message to new/experienced users, I think.

Again, this is only an idea for what you ask. :idea:

oldyeller

#39 Post by oldyeller »

gcmartin wrote:
oldyeller wrote:Hello Everyone, ... how big this should for a non-pae.
Just an idea for your consideration.

In today's world of communications, download ISO size is of little concern. We have moved from the old 'dial-up' size concern, for the most part, to one of functionality.

You may want to consider what several/many of the developers have already done: namely, issue an opening post statement of the minimal platform they know their distro will perform on. The functionality and the minimum recommendation has the most meaningful message to new/experienced users, I think.

Again, this is only an idea for what you ask. :idea:
It is not the speed of the download that I am concerned about, It is how much ram people have on their older hardware. This will have the same kernel that precise-5.7.1-retro has.

gcmartin

#40 Post by gcmartin »

oldyeller wrote:It is not the speed of the download that I am concerned about, It is how much ram people have on their older hardware. This will have the same kernel that precise-5.7.1-retro has.
Yes! This is why I share
gcmartin wrote:...The functionality and the minimum recommendation has the most meaningful message to new/experienced users, I think. ... :idea:
MANNA is very very good.

oldyeller

#41 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

Manna OS 3.4 should be out around this weekend. I am using it right now. found a couple bugs. As it stands it is 406mb pae xz compressed.

Cheers

oldyeller

#42 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

Manna OS 3.4 is out. See first post.

Cheers

ally

#43 Post by ally »

oldyeller

#44 Post by oldyeller »

Thanks ally

oldyeller

#45 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded e-Sword.pet so you can have it in the MannaMenu and added the link to the website, All is in the first post.

Cheers

oldyeller

#46 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

If you would like to have the Download, home folders and the power-off in the tray? than you can just download this file and put in home.
Attachments
.jwmrc-tray.tar.gz
just remove the .tar.gz and put in home-/root/
(776 Bytes) Downloaded 167 times

oldyeller

#47 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have done a new update-1.0-for_MannaOS for Manna Bible Software this update will put a Manna category in the menu and will give you the opportunity to remove the MannaMenu. To get this update use the settings in the MannaMenu.

I also did two more updated programs that will load them in the Manna category in the Menu

Cheers

oldyeller

#48 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

If you have downloaded WordSearh-1.1 and mannareader-3.5 uninstall them. There is a bug in the code that is keeping them to open properly to full screen. Will Have fixed ones up later tonight. 9/7/2014

Cheers

oldyeller

#49 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone

I have decided to remove Manna OS and will no longer be developing it any further and will be removing the repo.

There is a major bug when using the save button in the usb stick

This puppy works without any problem that I did OVPrecise http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90388