PeasyDisc CD/DVD/BR Tools

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
charlie6

#106 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Bill,
I'm much appreciating this awesome applications ! Thanks for it !

Just one question: might be I am wrong ... :? : ... when starting a BLANK dvd burning, with the Menu/Advanced/«Add to disc» box CHECKED, then the burn operation fails, AND the dvd is no longer usable.
This happened to me twice ... because i forgot to check/uncheck the right box ... :oops:

If true: what could be a way to avoid dvd spilling?
If false: please disregard this transmission :roll:

HTH
Charlie

rcrsn51

#107 Post by rcrsn51 »

I understand your frustration - I was never happy with the way this procedure worked.

Here is the problem. In old versions of PeasyDisc, the default choice was New. But if you wanted to add data and forgot to switch to Add, it would destroy all the data currently on the disc.

So I switched the default to Add.

What do you think of this solution? Make the default choice New again, but add a message that warns you about it.

[Edit] I have posted a new version on the first page for you to test.

Did you read my answer to your post in PeasyPDF?

Bill

Pro

#108 Post by Pro »

Russian translation
Attachments
peasydisc.mo.gz
Russian translation for Peasydisc
(6.49 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

rcrsn51

#109 Post by rcrsn51 »

Спа

nic007

#110 Post by nic007 »

I experienced the following "difficulties" using this application for the first time. I wanted to full blank a cd-rw. Process seem to start correctly and I presume the blanking was done after about nine minutes when a press enter message appeared. Clicking enter resulted in what looked like another blanking exercise. I also could not stop the process. I'm sure some progress bar and a popup message when a task is finished, will add to the functionality and user friendliness of the application. This will take the guesswork out of things, especially for a new user.

Pelo

Just a satisfecit about Peasy DVD player

#111 Post by Pelo »

Just a satisfecit about Peasy DVD player 8) from a passenger flying OB-Precise.. PeasyDVD is available in the menu 'Multimedia'
Attachments
PeasyDVD.jpg
Well, just playing what we ask to play.
(40.97 KiB) Downloaded 525 times

SFR

#112 Post by SFR »

Hi Rcrsn51

There is this function:

Code: Select all

KILL () {
  kill $(ps | grep BURN | awk '{print $1}') 2>/dev/null
  killall growisofs mkisofs cdrecord ffmpeg 2> /dev/null
}
which is connected to 'Kill' button, but also gets executed when application exits.
It's enough to just launch and quit PeasyDisc in order to break anything you do using any of the above tools (happened to me while I was converting a video).

Could you please do something to prevent this behavior?

Thanks &
Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

Robert123

#113 Post by Robert123 »

Just wanted to say thanks Rcesn51 for Peasydisc it was the only burning suite that worked properly for a burning job I was doing. Simply beautiful.
Version 3.6 used Slacko 5.33.
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

Pelo

Peasy Disc 3.7 is perfect !

#114 Post by Pelo »

French forum has Slaxen 6.3.2 on teste bench, step 'CD player'.
I must verify some translation, and why Peasy Disc only rip, because previous versions were able to play (2.6 snap shot)

FYI we have a serious problem with Gnome-Mplayer included in Slacko 6.3.2 and Slaxen of course. The application never shows all tracks. Sometimes only half of them, sometimes the double (36 instead of 18 ) :(
Attachments
PeasyDisc.jpg
Spanish Wheezy is correc
(37.76 KiB) Downloaded 421 times

MikeyBrat

PeasyDisk

#115 Post by MikeyBrat »

Does PeasyDisk CD/DVD + multisession allow for both add and removal of files to disk so disk can be used like usb flash drive to store data?

-
Xenial Pup 7.0.7 64-bit among others :D

rcrsn51

#116 Post by rcrsn51 »

V3.8 posted above. Better messages in the Verify function.

rcrsn51

#117 Post by rcrsn51 »

PeasyDisc v3.9 has a new Silent mode for burning ISOs. This would be useful when batch-burning several discs.

1. Load a blank disc.
2. Click Burn.
3. When the burned disc ejects, remove it.
4. Go to Step 1 until done.

-------------------

rcrsn51

#118 Post by rcrsn51 »

Version 4.0 posted above. Improvements to Burn, Write and Verify functions.

In particular, writing a folder to the disc adds the entire folder, not just the contents of the folder.

Robert123

#119 Post by Robert123 »

Thank you look forward to trying the new version of this excellent program.
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

rcrsn51

#120 Post by rcrsn51 »

Version 4.1 posted above. See the Update note.

charlie6

error: Inode number overflow, too many files in file system

#121 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Bill,
hope you'r doing well :)

here using peasydisc 4.1 on wheezy-3.5.2.5;

Trying to burn a /mnt/sda2/myfolder whrerein I have copied a lot of files and folders, and selecting the Advanced thumbnail + drag and droping the /mnt/sda2/myfolder + Add to disc and Root folder checkboxes checked, I get the following comment:
Executing 'mkisofs -C 16,1158992 -M /dev/fd/3 -r -D -iso-level 4 -f -root 010817scd1WB /mnt/sda2/010817scd1WB | builtin_dd of=/dev/sr1 obs=32k seek=72437'
Warning: Creating ISO-9660:1999 (version 2) filesystem.
Warning: ISO-9660 filenames longer than 31 may cause buffer overflows in the OS.
Setting input-charset to 'UTF-8' from locale.
SUSP signatures version 1 found
Rock Ridge signatures version 1 found
Rock Ridge id 'RRIP_1991A'
mkisofs: Inode number overflow, too many files in file system.
:-( mkisofs has failed: 255

Press Enter
I got that kind of error using pBurn: look here
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 197#798197
and got Zigbert's answer here
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 207#798207

Any idea about how to solve this?
Many thanks in advance!
Best regards, Charlie

rcrsn51

#122 Post by rcrsn51 »

How many files are we talking about?

Are there any symlinks in the data you are burning? Some Googling suggests that can be a problem.

If you try to burn a smaller collection of data, does it work?

Is your objective to make a secure backup of this data? My instinct would be to archive it into a single file and burn it. I like Save Folder Backup for doing this.

charlie6

#123 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Bill,

thanks for reply!

That folder has about 25 sub-directories and ca 200 files in it/them.
Not any symlink.

My purpose is put aside datas from a damaged USB flashdrive by burning them together with other datas on an already burned cd. And afterwards to be able to access those files separately again. I believe that a Save Folder Backup mirrored file needs being restored before accessing only one given file.

I"ll get a try with a folder containig a smaller collection of datas.

Best regards
Charlie

rcrsn51

#124 Post by rcrsn51 »

charlie6 wrote:I believe that a Save Folder Backup mirrored file needs being restored before accessing only one given file.
True.
Try burning just one of the subdirectories.

Or try burning the whole directory to a new disc.

BTW, are you burning to a CD or DVD? In v4.1, I removed support for writing data to CDs.

If you want to continue using CDs, use Advanced > Make an ISO, then Basic > Burn an ISO. But you would have to use a new disc each time.

charlie6

(SOLVED)

#125 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Bill,

I'm trying to add and burn "myfolder" on an already burned DVD which free space is large enough regarding to "myfolders" size.

1)
Even trying to burn just one .gnumeric file failed ! :cry:

2) Examining the whole "myfolder" I deleted one symlink file; and also renamed 3 files having characters like ":" or "%"
Again on wheezy-3.5.2.5, a new attempt to burn this fixed "mylfoder" again failed !

3) Suspecting my wheesy-3.5.2.5 savefile to be somewhat corrupted/outdated (don't know... looks like I'm using it since year 2010 ... :? ), I copied "myfolder" to another usb flash drive in order to burn it on another PC running on Tahrpup-6.0.6 + Peasydisc-4.1 installed.
Here, all went well at first attempt. So changing from my wheezy pupsave to Tahrpup did the trick - but I'm still ignoring the cause of the problem.

(see screenshot hereunder)
My purpose was to copy a maximum amount of files from a damaged usb flash drive (which reported input/output errors when copying/deleting/modifying files in it; as also has a part of dmaged files displayed with "kabalistik" characters as shown hereunder - this happened tree times on the very same usb flash drive over 3 years use, each time loosing some files - I suspect this usb drive as also a second one of same brand/capacity being unreliable)

Besty regards, Charlie
Attachments
capture7655.png
(33.78 KiB) Downloaded 540 times