a shame for Puppy Linux, not power!

Promote Puppy !
R-S-H

#16 Post by R-S-H »

raffy wrote:Oui is an authority when it comes to using different languages, so not one to be a-s-h-a-m-e-d of.
Nobody was talking about "to be ashamed of oui" though this hint is one more good reason to ask him, why he didn't offer some work (might be some translations) - from time to time? :?:
oui wrote:this seems to be very interesting. one of the smallest actual Puppy's with the proprieties of Lazy Puppy! Very good.
Yes it's very interesting, but also very special. It contains a lot of new and very special stuff, which has never been seen in any Puppy - also not in LazY Puppy 2.0.2-005 Web Version! 8)

I doubt, a normal Puppy user would be able to understand, to handle and to use this version - because, now it is very very different to a usual Puppy Linux (and Derivatives). :idea:

It would take months to make a German User Manual for this version and of course it would be impossible for me to do a English User Manual.

BTW: attached Screenshot shows my newest creation: LazY LxP 13.02, based on LxPup 13.01, new remastered with the LazY Puppy Remaster Suite 1.4.9, added all main features of LazY Puppy like: Remaster Suite, SFS P.L.U.S. 3.0.17, Menu Structure and Categories! :D

With the new version of SFS P.L.U.S. 3.0.17 I can use one Directory on whatever partition I want as a Software Pool and run these Programs from my different VSP-LazY-Puppy Versions out of this Software Pool directory - SFS P.L.U.S. 3.0.17 (which now uses a specific modified version of shinobar's sfs_load 1.9.6) and its RunScripts are not longer stuck on the Bootdirectory of the OS! :D
Attachments
LazYLxP1302.jpg
LazY Puppy LXPup running LP2_Gimp2612.sfs by SFS P.L.U.S. RunScript
(74.66 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

L18L

Re: a shame for Puppy Linux, not power!

#17 Post by L18L »

oui wrote:... no ch locales in Puppy linux himself :roll: - it happens always so) ...
my console wrote:# ls /usr/share/i18n/locales/*CH
/usr/share/i18n/locales/de_CH
/usr/share/i18n/locales/fr_CH
/usr/share/i18n/locales/it_CH
#
oui was also talking about Swiss keyboards :roll:
Should they be CH instead of ch :?:
Attachments
swiss_keyboard_layout_not_found_by_oui.png
(122.98 KiB) Downloaded 481 times

oui

#18 Post by oui »

R-S-H wrote:Nobody was talking about "to be ashamed of oui" though this hint is one more good reason to ask him, why he didn't offer some work (might be some translations) - from time to time? :?:
I usually write my tutorials directly in 3 languages (de/en/fr), since years (you can find large traces of it in the OLD wiki from Puppy linux as well as in the new one and in this forum...) and I was long month the only one partner available in the French / German forum part, as well as accessible at the IRC chanel (ok, today it is now different). It is my small contribution and it is enough as I have a lot of other activities including family live (as well my dad as I mother and an aunt without own children did die in the last month and this creates an amount of unpleasant activity...).

I recommend to try to experiment following: As you can write yourself into 2 languages, try to use the Google translator

but differently:

Google knows the computer language very well as it is a kind of statistical and absolutely not grammatical translation! A lot of pages of old or new computer stuff exists and Google can work very effective with them. So write you own text in the foreign language (for you probably English) and control immediately if Google did find the good translation to you own tongue (in your kind German). If Google did arrive to do that, it will (probably) have the same comparable stuff in other languages (Chinese, Dutch, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian) as a lot of ManPages of Linux etc are available in more than 20 tongues and gives the needed stuff!

With your early control, you make the Google translation better not in one tongue, but in all tongues where Google has a valid template for the content of your text, sometimes 100 and more languages!

You will have to adapt your writing style to a machine language but you will win a powerful translation tool making so!

And there is no other equivalent way in statistical translation as Google.
Yes it's very interesting, but also very special. It contains a lot of new and very special stuff, which has never been seen in any Puppy - also not in LazY Puppy 2.0.2-005 Web Version! 8)

I doubt, a normal Puppy user would be able to understand, to handle and to use this version - because, now it is very very different to a usual Puppy Linux (and Derivatives). :idea:
it was already so in Lazy Puppy and I find you did accustom yourself to much and forget to consider the real impact of this difficulty.
It would take months to make a German User Manual for this version and of course it would be impossible for me to do a English User Manual.
perhaps find a way how to make it more intuitive or use pictural tools instead of long textual explanations? pictures don't need to be translated (it was one of the forces of the very intensive formation working of Barry Kaulen in Puppy stuff: a lot of pictures to make the stuff accessible independently of the knowledge of English and as bad English speaker I find he did have a lot of success with this tactic!)

Please have a look at eveweb, at http://www.goosee.com/evewe the free application given by Barry Kauler to draw very fast tutorials etc :wink: . as your Lazy has wine, it is easy! With it you can realize some pictural tutorials within seconds...
BTW: attached Screenshot shows my newest creation: LazY LxP 13.02, based on LxPup 13.01, new remastered with the LazY Puppy Remaster Suite 1.4.9, added all main features of LazY Puppy like: Remaster Suite, SFS P.L.U.S. 3.0.17, Menu Structure and Categories! :D

With the new version of SFS P.L.U.S. 3.0.17 I can use one Directory on whatever partition I want as a Software Pool and run these Programs from my different VSP-LazY-Puppy Versions out of this Software Pool directory - SFS P.L.U.S. 3.0.17 (which now uses a specific modified version of shinobar's sfs_load 1.9.6) and its RunScripts are not longer stuck on the Bootdirectory of the OS! :D
probably very interesting
L18L wrote:
oui wrote:... no ch locales in Puppy linux himself :roll: - it happens always so) ...
#
I did already contest this point last month as esmourguit did present his new Toutou versions.

a/ reduce the keyboard versions proposed in a setting up menu is nonsens: the user is so handicaped that he only can do one: shutdown :lol: that really bad version! esmourguit did include ch_fr but not ch_de and you present the same error in the other form ch (= ch_de) but not ch_fr :idea: ...

b/ in the most Puppy's (you present me a German version) there is absolutely nothing concerning ch (and a lot of other) keyboard(s) :oops:

c/ but a long incomplete list of proposals instead of the most logical of all: a free entry field :roll: (it would be to easy!) or list + free entry field...

d/ locales without included adequate keyboard are as a car without direction wheel :lol: : good for nothing at all...

kind regards

L18L

#19 Post by L18L »

oui wrote:
L18L wrote:
#
I did already contest this point last month as esmourguit did present his new Toutou versions.

a/ reduce the keyboard versions proposed in a setting up menu is nonsens: the user is so handicaped that he only can do one: shutdown :lol: that really bad version! esmourguit did include ch_fr but not ch_de and you present the same error in the other form ch (= ch_de) but not ch_fr :idea: ...

b/ in the most Puppy's (you present me a German version) there is absolutely nothing concerning ch (and a lot of other) keyboard(s) :oops:

c/ but a long incomplete list of proposals instead of the most logical of all: a free entry field :roll: (it would be to easy!) or list + free entry field...

d/ locales without included adequate keyboard are as a car without direction wheel :lol: : good for nothing at all...

kind regards
a/ and c/
You have called this tread
a shame for Puppy Linux, not power!
in Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Chances would be better for experts on Swiss keyboards should they find a way to make acceptable proposals without ranting.

b/ German version...
I did not present you a German version. It is a recent official Puppy (using one of the different language packs)

d/ locales without included adequate keyboard ....
is just your opinion. Why lol about?
I want to read Russian, no need to write something. And virtual keyboard software exists if I ever want to write something.

Kindest regards

Karl Godt

#20 Post by Karl Godt »

Googling for " cd_de " gave me some of these

http://www.lg.com/ch_de
http://www.philips.com/about/company/bu ... ch_de.page

but nothing about any ch_* locale or keyboard settings .

Maybe it would be necessary that esmourguit jumps in here to explain what he did to achieve this .
that really bad version! esmourguit did include ch_fr but not ch_de