Barry's Simple Network

Using applications, configuring, problems
Smithy

Barry's Simple Network

#1 Post by Smithy »

I have been contacted by a convert to Puppy, so far the verdict is good, I have helped him tweak the little aspects that confused him.

But the big one is, he uses Barry's network, loves it, it always works over the other ones in there. The problem is that when it populates with the scan, he cannot get to the connect button, presumably because of the 1024X600 screen.

He even tried some bacofoil sheet to try and obscure some of the network population with a bit of success.
I haven't seen what's happening, it sounds as though it disappears out of view though.

But is Barry's hardcoded or might there be some way of moving the connect button to a location where it could be reached on a netbook?

Said he was close to tears one day trying to get to his network lol.

jrb

Re: Barry's Simple Network

#2 Post by jrb »

Smithy wrote:might there be some way of moving the connect button to a location where it could be reached on a netbook?
You can move any window on the desktop by holding down the ALT key, placing the mouse cursor anywhere in the window and then dragging with the mouse. This allows you to move it even if you can't see the title bar.

Cheers, J

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

Yes ALT key works but DO NOT release it until button is well into view, it can slip below bottom menu bar. Once connected you may not be able to reach ALT focus area, and its safe to hover over title in titlebar, right click and close from popup menu.

DANG SPAM BOT.. <spam on either side of this post was removed, thank you mods>
Last edited by Ted Dog on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Smithy

#4 Post by Smithy »

Cheers guys, I will relay this solution to my friend!

Ray MK

#5 Post by Ray MK »

Hi Smithy

Two solutions :

1) Try another puppy thats better suited to a smaller screen, ie Saluki. Saluki-NOP, Puppeee or similar.

2) When at the offending screen :-
depress Alt and the left mouse-click button simultaneously - and whilst keeping then depressed - use the cursor to drag the screen up
(or down, or in any direction)
thus allowing the previously hidden part to be seen.

HTH - best regards - Ray

edit: looks like I will have to improve my thinking and typing speeds,
hope all works out well.
[b]Asus[/b] 701SD. 2gig ram. 8gb SSD. [b]IBM A21m[/b] laptop. 192mb ram. PIII Coppermine proc. [b]X60[/b] T2400 1.8Ghz proc. 2gig ram. 80gb hdd. [b]T41[/b] Pentium M 1400Mhz. 512mb ram.

Puppus Dogfellow

#6 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

if the window disappears from the screen altogether, right click its taskbar button and select "move." the mouse will grab it from where ever it is and you'll see it as an outline which you can then position, clicking the mouse again to release it. double click the title bar and it should fill whatever the screen dimensions are correctly.

nic007

#7 Post by nic007 »

Click and hold middle mouse/scroll button anywhere on title bar or on any visible edge of the window and drag to preferred position.

rerwin

#8 Post by rerwin »

SNS Scrolling to be added to lupu-5.2.8.6, soon. Thanks for reporting this problem, Smithy.
Richard

bark_bark_bark

#9 Post by bark_bark_bark »

precise versions 5.5 and up have window size problems on netbooks. I think because of some crazy change of the size of something from 78 dpi to 96 dpi.

Smithy

#10 Post by Smithy »

rerwin wrote:SNS Scrolling to be added to lupu-5.2.8.6, soon. Thanks for reporting this problem, Smithy.
Richard
You're welcome!

Thanks for the other replies on this thread.

g2k

Buttons off screen

#11 Post by g2k »

Hi, I use puppy 5.2.8 on my laptop with jwm, and I can right click the icon for the program in the tskbar and choose resize.

I then make the whole window smaller and choose whatever input button I need to.

I don't know if this will work for any other version of puppy though.

Smithy

#12 Post by Smithy »

That's a handy tip g2k.