LibreOffice + language packs (latest version: 6.1.4)

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
slavvo67

#271 Post by slavvo67 »

Hi guys:

Someone wrote a DL script when the others weren't working; about 6 months ago, maybe more. Can someone point me to it? I know it's out there and I thought that I saved it. It's driving me crazy! It wasn't Mick0's or Barry's.

Thanks,

Slavvo67

vicmz

#272 Post by vicmz »

Uten wrote:Nice work with the language packs vicmz. My language is missing thought, but I do prefer the English versions anyway. :D
You can either tell us your language to make a pet package or follow the instructions of the first post to create one and share it in this thread.

Puppus Dogfellow

#273 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

slavvo67 wrote:Hi guys:

Someone wrote a DL script when the others weren't working; about 6 months ago, maybe more. Can someone point me to it? I know it's out there and I thought that I saved it. It's driving me crazy! It wasn't Mick0's or Barry's.

Thanks,

Slavvo67
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=255

i'm only aware of the rewrites to micko's original, which begin about halfway down the linked page.

fwiw, none of the scripts appear to be working at the moment--details missing from the popup boxes and downloads that invariably either fail to begin or fail to complete.

--

edit: i the fatdog script by jamesbond i mentioned a page or so ago is there as well--i haven't tried that one yet.

slavvo67

#274 Post by slavvo67 »

That's spot on. Thanks Puppus. I thought that code allowed for the download even if Libre is installed. I was wrong. Anyway, I found the lines and did a quick edit. Now, I can download even if I have Libre installed.

Thanks again,

Slavvo67

Puppus Dogfellow

#275 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

slavvo67 wrote:That's spot on. Thanks Puppus. I thought that code allowed for the download even if Libre is installed. I was wrong. Anyway, I found the lines and did a quick edit. Now, I can download even if I have Libre installed.

Thanks again,

Slavvo67
i got one of those, too :D :
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
stemsee wrote:
rufwoof wrote:.... Also - a 'bug'. If you try and download when a SFS is already loaded you get a warning message, that is locked. You have to restart X to be rid of the dialog.
[...]
This has a couple adjustments so that it will continue to download and build sfs in /root/ even if installed. Also it will delete each .deb package after extraction to free up ram.
couldn't get your version to work right, stemsee.

i commented out a few lines fromL18L's update, and it works as expected, at least for 64 bit (none of the scripts in this thread appear to be working for 32 bit at the moment regardless of indifference to load-state).

not sure if this warrants a version change, but here's get_libreoffice_30.4
_____

here are the 5.1.1 and 5.0.5 64 bit packages:

LibreOffice-5.1.1_64_en-US_xz.pet
LibreOffice-5.1.1_64_en-US_xz.sfs
LibreOffice-5.0.5_64_en-US_xz.pet
LibreOffice-5.0.5_64_en-US_xz.sfs

neither update appears available for 32 bit at the moment, but all four seem fine in 64bit (tested in Slacko64).

Puppus Dogfellow

5.1 and 5.0.5 32 bit packages now available

#276 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

no idea why only some of my installations can access/download from libre, but here are the 32 bit versions of libreoffice 5.0.5 and 5.1.1:

LibreOffice-5.0.5_en-US_xz.pet

LibreOffice-5.0.5_en-US_xz.sfs

LibreOffice-5.1.1_en-US_xz.pet

LibreOffice-5.1.1_en-US_xz.sfs

vicmz

#277 Post by vicmz »

As always, thanks Puppus and BoxR for the updates. First page updated.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

Puppus Dogfellow

#278 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

vicmz wrote:As always, thanks Puppus and BoxR for the updates. First page updated.
you're welcome, vic. and thanks for the us-en help file and libreoffice-5.0.5_en_es high compression 505 sfs.

starhawk

#279 Post by starhawk »

Had LibreOffice 5.0.4 on my netbook (ASUS 1000HE, 1024x600 screen), which I like to use as a typewriter. Puppy in this case is X-Tahr 1b3.

LibreOffice will not maximize; it instead fills the screen so that the bottom tray blocks its status bar and about half of the lowest line of text. Incredibly annoying, to the point of being basically useless.

Upgraded to 5.1.1 in hopes they'd noticed and fixed it, installing Java in the process (which I otherwise don't need -- I do hate bloat). Nope nope nope nope nope. Still there and I'm still going 'nope'.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd file a bug report with them but I'd almost certainly just get a "get a better machine doofus" followed by a WONTFIX marking on the bug report. Not what I need to hear, here.

EDIT: filed a bug report anyways. We'll see what happens...

Puppus Dogfellow

#280 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

starhawk wrote:Had LibreOffice 5.0.4 on my netbook (ASUS 1000HE, 1024x600 screen), which I like to use as a typewriter. Puppy in this case is X-Tahr 1b3.

LibreOffice will not maximize; it instead fills the screen so that the bottom tray blocks its status bar and about half of the lowest line of text. Incredibly annoying, to the point of being basically useless.

Upgraded to 5.1.1 in hopes they'd noticed and fixed it, installing Java in the process (which I otherwise don't need -- I do hate bloat). Nope nope nope nope nope. Still there and I'm still going 'nope'.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd file a bug report with them but I'd almost certainly just get a "get a better machine doofus" followed by a WONTFIX marking on the bug report. Not what I need to hear, here.

EDIT: filed a bug report anyways. We'll see what happens...
i don't think it's your machine, starhawk. i have a 1000H running a derivative of Precise 571 and can maximize the LO window(s) on both the netbook and the external monitor it's hooked up to. the machine has worked well with libre regardless of what puppy it was running (though they were all jwm pups--slacko, unicornpup, ~572.11, precise 5.7.1, precise 5.5--think that's it for this one, but none has seen the problem you described).

starhawk

#281 Post by starhawk »

There's apparently a bug already about it -- mine was marked as duplicate.

I'm running X-Tahr 1b3, for what it's worth.

Link to non-duplicate bug.

Puppus Dogfellow

#282 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

starhawk wrote: [...]
which I like to use as a typewriter
[...]
There's apparently a bug already about it -- mine was marked as duplicate.

I'm running X-Tahr 1b3, for what it's worth.

Link to non-duplicate bug.
have you tried focuswriter? i've only just begun testing (precise and unicornpup), but so far it's proven quick and reliable. i didn't need any dependencies in unicornpup or precise, and the linked pet is only two and half megabytes.

starhawk

#283 Post by starhawk »

Not for me. I need some of that supposed 'clutter' -- font support, and formatting and layout stuff -- because I'm both literary and visual. Confusing, I know... before you ask, basically my mother is very literary (she has been both librarian and lawyer) and my father very, er, picture-oriented (he's a professional graphic artist) -- so, thanks to genetics, I got a bunch of both. I'm only just starting to develop my literary side seriously, though...

...which means I'm still very persnickety about typefaces and having things like italics and centering text and horizontal rules and such. I know I'm weird. I think it's the good kind, though ;)

Puppus Dogfellow

re alternatives and their features/shortcomings

#284 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

starhawk wrote:Not for me. I need some of that supposed 'clutter' -- font support, and formatting and layout stuff -- because I'm both literary and visual. Confusing, I know... before you ask, basically my mother is very literary (she has been both librarian and lawyer) and my father very, er, picture-oriented (he's a professional graphic artist) -- so, thanks to genetics, I got a bunch of both. I'm only just starting to develop my literary side seriously, though...

...which means I'm still very persnickety about typefaces and having things like italics and centering text and horizontal rules and such. I know I'm weird. I think it's the good kind, though ;)
well, should you ever need it, it can do "things like italics and centering text and horizontal rules and such." bold and justification and things like indentation are fairly straight forward (and a desire for them doesn't strike me as particularly odd), but it seems line spacing requires you to pick single as the line spacing for your Theme (more or less your electric typewriter, complete with inconvenient-to-swap steel ball) if you also want the option to use double or triple. the program appears to lock you into many of your choices, or at least makes it a bit more difficult than one would expect to change them. i tried copying the font from one theme into a document using another theme (font and spacing get changed/preserved with the theme--maybe the way to change the latter is there and i can't find the command?), and the active document converted rather than displayed it. you get to choose opacity level on something more or less irrelevant (the image on your virtual paper and the image on the surface on which it sits), but you need to load a new theme to change the font you'll be using and, apparently, the line spacing; on-line (through an upload) or otherwise fuller word processors may also choose to not honor the font choice you made in focuswriter (i just checked in libreoffice5.1, and it gave two documents the same serif font despite one having been made with monospace and the other with sans), though direct copy-pasting should work the same as it appears to for just about everything else.

as to missing the clutter and menus and tool bars--beyond hitting alt+f to access the file menu, i'm not sure how to toggle the top set visible. tabs are easily navigable with shortcut keys, but i don't see any way of similarly conjuring its appearance (ctrl+tab/0-9 and alt+ctrl+tab switch between the tabs on the lower bar with no visual fanfare or the option for any, somewhat strange given how much effort seems to have gone into giving users the ability to customize the interface).

anyway, that's my review and how-to of this virtual typewriter/word processor. stuck without libreoffice, i'd use focuswriter over abiword and live with the weirdness so i don't have to live with the crashes (the older version purported by some to be somewhat stable is the same version that crashed on me often enough that i'm put off by anything so branded). development on it appears to be active, but you're right, it does have some major weaknesses. overall, though, i think it's a decent alternative for those having bad luck with libre.

hth.

edit: i was using the Session feature to change between Themes and save the test documents, but i don't think the results would have been any different had i just saved documents directly under two different themes set from within the same session.

eadmaster

#285 Post by eadmaster »

The google drive links for the v5.1.1 are now offline, please provide a mirror.

Puppus Dogfellow

5.1.2 for 32 bit doesn't appear to require java for

#286 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

eadmaster wrote:The google drive links for the v5.1.1 are now offline, please provide a mirror.
LO

LibreOffice-5.1.2_en-US_xz.pet

LibreOffice-5.1.2_en-US_xz.sfs

Pelo

I link to french forum

#287 Post by Pelo »

I link to french forum where some teachers use Libre-Office for writing lessons (Asri-Edu),
they will be able to translate. If not, i will help.
dactylographes francophones, voir ici.

vicmz

Re: 5.1.2 for 32 bit doesn't appear to require java for

#288 Post by vicmz »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
eadmaster wrote:The google drive links for the v5.1.1 are now offline, please provide a mirror.
Mirror

LibreOffice-5.1.2_en-US_xz.pet

LibreOffice-5.1.2_en-US_xz.sfs
A whole week without updating the first post :shock:
Thank you Puppus

recobayu

Texmath doesn't work with libreoffice on puppy

#289 Post by recobayu »

I have this error message:

Code: Select all

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.16 (TeX Live 2015) (preloaded format=latex)
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!
Then in my console, this error appear:

root# libreoffice5.0 --writer
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
Warning: failed to read path from javaldx
lstat(/usr/local/bin/texlive) failed ...
/usr/local/bin/texlive: No such file or directory
warning: kpathsea: configuration file texmf.cnf not found in these directories: /usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin::/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/texmf/web2c.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
warning: kpathsea: configuration file texmf.cnf not found in these directories: /usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/usr/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin::/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/bin:/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/local/bin/:/root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu27622l42hog.tmp_/TexMaths-0.39.oxt/bin/Linuxi386:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/my-applications/texmf/web2c.
/usr/local/bin//mktexfmt: kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFROOT failed, aborting early.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin//mktexfmt line 25.
I'm sorry if I'm in wrong place

Puppus Dogfellow

Re: Texmath doesn't work with libreoffice on puppy

#290 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

recobayu wrote:I have this error message:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.16 (TeX Live 2015) (preloaded format=latex)
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!
Then in my console, this error appear:

root# libreoffice5.0 --writer
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
Warning: failed to read path from javaldx

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
/usr/local/bin//mktexfmt: kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFROOT failed, aborting early.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin//mktexfmt line 25.
I'm sorry if I'm in wrong place
sorry i can't help you, recobayu. only other time i heard anything even remotely like that (latex gets mentioned in the post) was from tallboy--maybe he can help you.