XMPlay (+ WINE) is the best audio player

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

XMPlay (+ WINE) is the best audio player

#1 Post by nic007 »

You will need WINE but I suggest XMplay with the Enhancer 0.17 DSP Plug-in. Best thing since the invention of white bread imo. Well worth a download. In fact this thing is so good, it's almost the only reason I have installed WINE (just to run this). Sound can not be beaten.

Fossil

#2 Post by Fossil »

nic007,
I've been using XMPlay in Windows since the earliest editions. It works fine under Wine and is portable, the visualizations are fun - fractals, etc. If you fancy something which has an even smaller footprint and also uses the DSP plugin, try 1by1.
http://mpesch3.de1.cc/misc.html. The folder tree style is easy to navigate.
White bread? Yuk! Wholemeal, every time! :D

nic007

#3 Post by nic007 »

Fossil wrote:nic007,
I've been using XMPlay in Windows since the earliest editions. It works fine under Wine and is portable, the visualizations are fun - fractals, etc. If you fancy something which has an even smaller footprint and also uses the DSP plugin, try 1by1.
http://mpesch3.de1.cc/misc.html. The folder tree style is easy to navigate.
White bread? Yuk! Wholemeal, every time! :D
Fossil - Have been using XMPlay for ages. Was the only player that could play mp3's properly on my pentium 1 back in the day with it's slow CPU and low memory. Good to know that there is another player which uses the winamp plugins. MP3DirectCut is another great tool from that author you have mentioned (also runs well in WINE). The Enhancer 0.17 plugin is great, isn't it?

nic007

#4 Post by nic007 »

I've checked 1by1 player. Nice concept but not the same sound quality that can be achieved with XMPlay. The built in enhancer is not very good (sound level changes throughout) and sound not crisp, 3 band equalizer is crap, etc. Also does not support the Enhancer 0.17 DSP plugin which is the one that makes all the difference. Stick with XMPlay.