That ol' IRIX look

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
NeroVance

That ol' IRIX look

#1 Post by NeroVance »

Back in the day, I collected some stuff together, and built something that could be installed as a package, that would allow any Linux system with FVWM2 to look like the old IRIX desktop.

It uses the Ichigo GTK theme, and FVWM2 for the window manager.
I have some files available that I could package up if anyone else would like to have such a look for their puppy.

I don't know if this is the right place, but if it isn't please do move this post.

R-S-H

#2 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.
I have some files available that I could package up if anyone else would like to have such a look for their puppy.
Yes, do cretae a package to install of this. I would like to try this!

Thanks

RSH
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hello, NeroVance.

Is FVWM the wm that allows to have a large sliding panel with a launcher and informations to the left, like the before-last Austrumi had! That was extraordinary. (I thought Puppy looked "little" by comparison.)

Anyways... Please provide a package if you feel like it. You never know, people might take a liking to it! :)

Best regards.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

NeroVance

#4 Post by NeroVance »

musher0 wrote:Hello, NeroVance.

Is FVWM the wm that allows to have a large sliding panel with a launcher and informations to the left, like the before-last Austrumi had! That was extraordinary. (I thought Puppy looked "little" by comparison.)

Anyways... Please provide a package if you feel like it. You never know, people might take a liking to it! :)

Best regards.

musher0
I don't know particularly, but it is very possible to do such with it. It's at the core of numerous window managers, even today.

FVWM, lightweight, and very capable.
I'll try to fetch those files from my Puppy box, and see if I can get it packed up to at least an installable form.

Galbi

#5 Post by Galbi »

[Off Topic]
Googling for what Irix Desktop was, I've found this interesting page:

http://toastytech.com/guis/index.html

Wanted to share it.

Bye.